Market Sales Leader
Company: Bimbo Bakeries
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 4, 2022
- Employee Type:
Colorado Springs, CO
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Job ID:
req29272 Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold(R),
Brownberry(R) or Oroweat(R) bread? A Thomas'(R) English muffin or
bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee(R), Entenmann's(R) or
Marinela(R) cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know
Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
#LI-VB1Position Summary:The Market Sales Leader is responsible for
leading the execution of DSD route sales in the market place.
Success will be defined by sales growth, superior freshness,
quality and profit growth, through continuous improvement.Key Job
- Deliver on key performance indicators for revenue, volume and
controllable expenses (freshness, inventory and labor) in order to
achieve the key objectives for assigned sales area.
- Develop strategic plans to deliver on sales targets in order to
grow overall business within existing accounts and pursue business
relationships with expansion customers to generate new
- Engage sales people in all facets of planning route sales
activity, including order management, daily distribution,
merchandising, promotional activity, and holiday planning in order
to meet the customers' in store expectations.
- Hold sales people accountable for meeting key performance
targets; execute procedures and programs to increase team
productivity, team effectiveness, & quality of work.
- Hold merchandisers accountable for the execution of world class
merchandising and meeting customers' expectations for down day
- Engage and develop core competencies in sales people through
training, coaching, mentoring, and consistent performance feedback
in order to grow overall business.
- Utilize sales data to help drive effective decisions with the
sales person as well as drive brand growth with customers through
the acquisition of new space and displays.
- Establish effective customer relationships to initiate and
maximize sales in retail, restaurant, and institutional customers;
ensure client retention by exceeding expectations with new and
- Execute on all growth opportunities to grow market share on
strategic brands through the execution of incremental
- Foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement to include the
development of self, others, and work processes.
- Responsible for recruiting sales people and supporting route
splits and route productivity initiatives.
- Maintain accounts receivable, payment due balances, and SBT
accounts per policy.
- Achieve the field safety goals; deliver on safety awareness
programs accordingly to eliminate unsafe acts, eliminate workplace
injuries, and lead local organization to achieve the goal of zero
- Seek potential new business and perform special projects and
assignments as requested by Leadership.
- May need to provide route coverage for unplanned vacancies in
Route Sales Professionals and Independent Business Partners when
- Additional duties as assigned. Job Requirements Key Behavioral
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to respond effectively to direction if needed; works
primarily as an independent contributor.
- Guides junior colleagues to set tasks and achieve objectives
within project timeline.
- Accountable to lead entire projects having modest scope/impact
or portions of projects having considerable scope/impact to
- Ability to manage an advanced area of work.
- Ability to manage a moderately complex problem.
- Ability to exchange information and communicate messages to
- Ability to manage a project
and Work History:Bachelor Degree in business or related field
preferred.Ideal candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years of related experience in customer relations or sales.
DSD experience is a plus.
- At least 6 months experience leading and influencing
- A combination of training and experience that results in
demonstrated competency to perform the work may be
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as
well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint,
Excel, and Word is required.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a DOT Medical card
- Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
- Travel Required, 10%-20%
- Salary Range $65,000 - $85,000
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Eligible
- 401k Company Match The physical and mental demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an associate
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Be a part of a
company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR(R) Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries, Colorado Springs , Market Sales Leader, Sales , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!