Field Service Analyst (Journeyman)
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
DCGS-A Field Service Analyst will perform duties as a Field Service
Analyst (FSA) for initializing, placing into operation, and
troubleshooting the hardware and software interfaces of this
system. This position will support the U.S. Army
Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) Life Cycle Management
Command (LCMC) Software Engineering Center (SEC) Field Support
Directorate (FSD) to perform resident engineering and technical
support to the Warfighter. In addition, this position will align
with the local Army Field Support Battalions to provide support for
exercises, combat operations, and contingency operations
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II (CompTIA Security Plus)
- Deploy, configure, and document complex VMware environments
including but not limited to engineering designs and
recommendations, deployment plans, system configurations, assembly
guides and operational smart books.
- Install, configure, and maintain the vCenter server instance
and its applicable database server/services.
- Install and configure DCGS-A systems which include GWS, IFS,
and P-MFWS .
- Knowldege of DCGS-A setup and installation
- Knowledge of Oracle data base administration
- Install configure, and maintain all ESX/ESXi hosts within the
- Create virtual machines in support of POR system fielding,
integration, and/or expansion.
- Create, configure, and maintain resource clusters ensuring an
efficient and balanced environment for all tenant POR systems.
- Manages Virtual Machine snapshots to reduce overall impact to
the system storage environment.
- Document all configurations, changes, and proposed
- Ensure the control, integrity and accessibility of the VMware
environment for the enterprise through compliance and usage of
industry best practices and methods.
- Ensure utilization of proper change management procedures
regarding the installation and testing of all upgrades and
enhancements for VMware infrastructure.
- Ensure proper initial installation as well as subsequent
installations of updates/patches.
- Perform regular checks of system components for errors and
application of necessary corrective action.
- Provide technical support to internal and external users. To
include tenant POR system administrators.
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely
and effective basis.
- Provide routine status updates to organizational
- Coordinate virtual environment infrastructure resource
requirements with organizational IT resource management to ensure
timely access to storage, networking, and backup/archive solution
- Performs remote administration to secondary sites as
- Provides adhoc support to tenant POR server
- May be required to perform routing server management functions
for servers located in the Management servers group of the Fixed
Site Server Segement. Primary responsibility will be for the
- May be required to Work as Teir ,I II and III Support.Other
- Any other DCGS-A systems administration experience.
- Experience utilizing remote access capabilities such as putty,
- Experience utilizing vClient application to access enterprise
- Experience creating and managing virtual machines
- Experience performing IAVA, OS, and application
- Experience working in a fast past multi-faceted environment
- Experience with VMware benchmark tools and capacity management
- Strong working knowledge of Internet networking technologies
and principals including TCP/IP and DNS.
- Experience integrating with Symantec Netbackup solutions
- Experience operating in a DoD Intelligence environment or other
national level agency preferred
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries
proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin,
marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled
Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or
Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position
with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact
ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an
affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities,
females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply.
ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement
agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal
opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept
resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access
http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of
your disability. To request an accommodation please click
email@example.com and provide your name and contact
Keywords: ManTech, Colorado Springs , Field Service Analyst (Journeyman), Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!