Test Analyst (CACE)
Company: MCSG Technologies
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: July 16, 2019
JOB SUMMARY: Provide support to the Project Manager (PM) in the
management of test processes, documentation, and briefings for the
Consolidated (CCS-C) Assurance and Capability Enhancement (CACE)
procurement. Analyze software and hardware requirements to ensure
feasibility of design and test. Use Design of Experiments and
Combinatorial testing techniques as required. Develop test
procedures to verify requirements and to ensure deficiencies are
adequately tested with new releases and upgrades. Support the
development and coordination of test reporting documents and test
report briefings; present the evaluation results to the 17 TS for
review; and ensure all documents and briefings comply with AFI and
AFSPCI 99-103 direction. Generate test reports containing data
analyses and recommendations for field, do not field or field with
limitations results. Subject matter expert providing testing
expertise in support of operational test and evaluation of AFSCN.
Direct and/or participate in all phases of test management with the
emphasis on user requirements, test design and test tool selection.
Analyze recorded data collected during test evaluations and report
out independent findings as prescribed by squadron guidance.
Provide an independent assessment of how the system under test
performs with regards to customer statement of requirements.
Provide regular progress reports, either verbally or in written
report form, of the ongoing evaluation throughout the entire test
process as prescribed and as requested.
- Provide test support to the PM in the day-to-day management of
the test team.
- Provide test support through development of documentation
including; Test Plan, Data Management and Analysis Plan, Test
Execution Procedures, Test Report and Detailed Analysis Report,
- Build test scope using Critical Operational Issues (COIs),
Objectives, Measures of Effectiveness and Suitability (MOEs/MOSs),
and Measures of Performance (MOPs).
- Develop test approach with the purpose of performing
statistical analysis to evaluate system performance. Test approach
will include the inclusion of scenario injection and real-world
- Conduct test execution of CACE systems to assess mission
- Direct data collection activities and verify all required test
objectives are complete.
- Evaluate data and assess system performance using the collected
test data, the validated truth data, and the methodologies and
tools developed during test planning.
- Conduct detailed statistical analysis on collected data using
JMP or other data tools to characterize data and look for negative
trends to determine system effectiveness.
- Collect and analyze maintenance data to determine suitability
to meet reliability, availability, and maintainability
- Build surveys to be provided to system operators and
maintainers to evaluate acceptability of human factors,
documentation, training safety, and other areas as applicable.
- Write technical reports to accurately describe problems
encountered during testing, analysis techniques, and ratings for
- Support the development and coordination of test reporting
documents and test report briefings; present the evaluation results
to the 17 TS for review; and ensure all documents and briefings
comply with AFI and AFSPCI 99-103 direction.
- Assist other Test Analysts by reviewing and providing comment
to test briefings and documentation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Build software test tools to expedite data reduction and
TA JNY - 5 years of technical experience in DoD and USAF OT&E
test design, analysis, and test support in evaluating upgraded
early warning radar systems in the operational environment and
proven ability to lead test efforts.
TA JNY - Bachelor's degree from accredited institution. (Six (6)
years of experience will suffice in lieu of degree.)
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Hands-on system experience and intimate understanding of CACE
system mission and theory of operation.
- Understanding of OT&E principles and particularly of 17 TS
- Broad understanding of statics to include data distributions,
data sampling techniques, confidence intervals and regression test
- Understanding of Design of Experiments fundamentals and able to
apply DOE principles to test planning and post-test data analysis
- Understand how to evaluate common system effectiveness and
suitability factors including reliability, maintainability, and
- Understanding of AFSPC systems to include: space surveillance,
missile warning, Air Force Satellite Control network, and satellite
command and control systems, Combatant Commander Integrated Command
and Control systems, United States Nuclear Detection System.
- Possess working knowledge Air Force Space Command and Air
Combat Command test and evaluation directives.
- Able to use data reduction tools to analyze raw data and
identify signification system deficiencies.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: TOP SECRET/SCI preferred but will consider
candidates with a Secret clearance if they are able to obtain an
upgrade to TS.
Keywords: MCSG Technologies, Colorado Springs , Test Analyst (CACE), Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!