Insurance Analyst III
Company: CSAA Insurance Group
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Are you an Analyst passionate about data architecture, analyzing
complex information AND working with the end users to train on the
benefits of using the data to achieve better performance? Are you
looking for a caring company that is committed to exceptional
service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance
Group, an AAA insurer, in our Colorado Springs office.While weve
been named a best place to work, our proudest accomplishment comes
from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our commitment
to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create
AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when
they need us.
If you are a best-in-class insurance analytics claims professional
with a full grasp of insurance analytics, this is a pivotal point
in your career choice.
You will support our claims operations overall business strategy by
performing analysis to support business needs.
You will formulate solutions and recommendations to more complex
business problems or processes.
By applying insurance knowledge and analytic methods and technical
skills you will be solving unstructured problems and performing
analysis of higher complexity/difficulty.
You will have a broad variety of complex assignments, typically
diverse. Validated knowledge and skills applied to making good
judgments in work
You may participates in large projects and lead smaller projects.
Mentors less senior staff.Essential Functions/Principal
- Performs complex analysis of data for assigned client group and
how it relates to overall objectives. Research includes enlisting
the collaboration of different departments outside IPM/IPO and
gaining their support on findings and action plan.
- Applies knowledge gained from involvement in broader issues to
make recommendations for procedure development and analysis needed
for securing desired solution.
- Prepares findings and recommendations for clients and may be
co-presenter to senior management. May review work of less seasoned
staff for accuracy, logic and appropriateness.
- You may act as coach on processes for reporting out information
to clients. Makes recommendations on efficiencies and
- You will have exhibited experience and mid to high proficiency
with the following tools or coding languages SQL/Oracle, SAS and
- The initial job duties will entail assisting the Claim
Analytics Team with coding complex queries to satisfy data analytic
questions and Operational reporting plus understand the accuracy
and quality of data used for these critical business
- You will also formulate opinions on whether additional vendor
data or business data is needed to provide complete and accurate
Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesRequired:
- Strong proficiency in SAS, SQL, Visual Basic and various
structured analysis and design techniques
- Excellent research, statistical, analytical, processing and
mathematical skills with ability to structure and conduct
- Adaptability and the capability of multi-tasking and strong
- Ability to make effective formal presentations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to coach and mentor co-workers and give feedback as
- Knowledge of insurance, accounting and rate-making concepts
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & CertificationsRequired:
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, business, statistics,
economics, computer science or equivalent combination of education
- Typically 5+ years of directly related experience
- Advanced degree in related field and/or CPCU designation
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage
including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company
contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a
cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan and health support
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and
paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time
off to volunteer.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career
development and mentorship opportunities.
Be part of a community that worksAt CSAA Insurance Group, we take
pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead
enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees
appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout
our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of
perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join
together when it comes to helping our members, community or one
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works
in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more
about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careersLets work togetherPlease
submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email,
so please check your inbox to ensure you dont miss important
updates from us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: CSAA Insurance Group, Colorado Springs , Insurance Analyst III, Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!