Estimator for Fabrication Job Shop
Company: Springs Fabrication, Inc.
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: November 10, 2018
As our Estimator, you--must have a strong working knowledge in metal fabrication with the ability to estimate and bid custom-designed fabrication projects. Quotations are generated based on estimates of labor, materials, special processes and documentation requirements for a varying range of complex technical opportunities. This will be accomplished by reviewing the scope of work, codes, specifications, drawings and other relevant requirements. Your strong, thorough communication skills will be utilized when speaking with customers, internal resources, vendors and subcontractors to research, determine and estimate the cost to provide the opportunity within the defined parameters and prescribed time frames. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- --Manages customer expectations through communication of capabilities, capacities, lead times and quotation offers.
- Reviews and comprehends scope of work (SOW) , customer requirements, specifications, codes and standards, customer terms and conditions to identify required resources to satisfy the project requirements.
- Distils SOW data to prepare and estimate preliminary manufacturing plans consisting of labor operations, material requirements, subcontracted services and all other cost associated with the SOW.
- Communicates with customer to obtain clarification of all poorly defined and unclear requirements.
- Acquires and applies costs of materials and subcontracted operations through direct contact with vendors or communicating pricing support needs to internal resources.
- Identifies and accounts for poorly defined requirements and high risk activities and processes.
- Confers with internal supporting resources (manufacturing, procurement, scheduling, quality control programming and engineering) to determine and review the project requirements.
- Generates detailed estimates of cost for the labor, materials, special processes, testing, inspection and documentation requirements needed to perform the SOW.
- Prepares detailed quotation documentation for submittal to the customer. Describes in detail the inclusions, substitutions and exclusions of the offer.
- Prepares and submits the requisite documentation prescribed in the quotation submittal requirements.
- Reviews awarded purchase orders against quotations to verify schedule commitments, funding parameters, scope of work and exceptions taken.
- Communicates with assigned Project Manager and participates in project kick-off meetings to communicate quoted SOW, initial planning and all other pertinent data of the project previously determined.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university and 3-5 years of steel manufacturing estimating experience; or 7 to 10 years of steel manufacturing estimating experience.
- Individual shall have strong knowledge of steel manufacturing methods including raw material processing, welding, machining, finishing and assembly processes.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office software, as well as an ERP system
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, codes, standards and specifications
- Excellent communication skills--
Take the guess work out of your future! Leverage your experience bidding custom-designed fabrication projects to develop a lucrative book of business with Springs Fabrication - an industry leader for over 30 years. We have a full time position for an Estimator at our 110,000 sq. ft. job shop located in beautiful Colorado Springs, CO. Best of all, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment where the work is never boring and the challenges are rewarding!
Since 1986, Springs Fabrication, Inc. has been serving the needs of companies nationwide with quality machining and fabrication services. A commitment to delivering high-end engineered metal products to a wide range of industries, including new and existing energy, government and military, and mining and remediation, has been the cornerstone of continued success. What was once a small, two-man job shop is now home to nearly 200 employees operating in two locations with-- 200,000 square feet of industry leading high bay manufacturing facilities. From the capabilities to manufacture custom designed pressure vessels to fully engineered skidded systems and CNC machine capacity for industrial sized weldments, Springs Fabrication is one of the nation's premier manufacturers.
[Estimator - COS-2]
Keywords: Springs Fabrication, Inc., Colorado Springs , Estimator for Fabrication Job Shop, Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!