Unified Communications Operations Technician
Company: Base-2 Solutions, LLC
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Required Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI City: Colorado
Springs State/Territory: Colorado Travel: None Potential for
Teleworking: No Schedule: Full Time DoD 8570 IAT Requirement: IAT
II (Security+, CySA+, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP) DoD 8570
IAM Requirement: None DoD 8570 IASAE Requirement: None DoD CSSP
Requirement: None The successful candidate would be joining a 24x7
NOC (Network Operations Center) team that provides multiple
services in the realm of UC&C to include video conferencing,
telephone, voice mail, desktop sharing, instant messaging,
presence, audio visual streaming and more. Position level and
responsibilities are based on tiered skills allowing for
advancement opportunities. Job Description
- Utilize VC Wizard, Telepresence Management Suite (TMS), Cisco
border controllers (CUBE/VCS), Codian / Cisco Meeting Management
(CMM) Multipoint Control Units (MCU) and Cisco Meeting Server (CMS)
to provide Video Tele-Conference (VTC) services and support to
include scheduling, monitoring, administrative support, and
technical assistance to customers. '
- Manage resource availability and conflicts for Video
- Maintenance of onsite Private Branch Exchange (PBX) analog
- Utilize Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) to provide
digital voice and video calling, voice mail, Instant Message (IM)
- Utilize set top boxes, Vbrick Rev, and Cisco Integrated
Management Controller (IMC) to provide live and on-demand digital
Audio/Video streaming of high priority alerts, specialized
programming, plus television broadcast network.
- Utilize Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) to provide
solution for automatic call distribution for NOC agents.
- Utilize Service Now to prioritize then complete assigned
request and break fix tickets.
- Have working knowledge of network topology; along with
networked hardware and software tools listed above.
- Possess understanding of dialing protocols to include H.323,
E.164 and SIP.
- Troubleshoot common UC&C issues to include identifying and
correcting issues with endpoints, bandwidth saturation, profiles,
- Create and report all outage notifications and network related
issues according to standard operating procedures.
- Assist in the development of the training, local guides, Rules
of Engagement (ROE) policies and Standard Operating Procedures
(SOP) as they pertain to the UC environment.
- Ensure compliance with network security policies and
- Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical
guidance to lower skill level employees.
- Complete responsibilities as tasked.
- Participate in special projects as required. Flexibility
- NOC is 24x7 shift work; to include weekends and holiday for all
- Day Shift: 6am - 2:30pm
- Swing Shift: 2pm - 10:30pm
- Mid Shift: 10:30pm - 6am Key Competencies
- Interpersonal Skills
- Effective Communication skills - verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer Service oriented
- Ability to work independently within a Team Concept
- Ability to multitask in a stressful environment Certification
Preferences (along with IAT Level II)
- Network +
- ITIL Foundations
- Agile Foundations
- CCT Collaboration (CLTECH)
- CCNP Collaboration (CLFNDU)
- CCNP Collaboration (CLCOR)
- CCNP Collaboration (CLACCM) and or (CLCNF) Skills and Tasks
- Develops new concepts and processes.
- Analyzes root causes and resolves issues.
- Supports more junior level technicians and specialists in their
- Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians or
specialists. Leadership Management
- Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams,
and may also lead a task, project or team. Guidance
- Requires guidance and direction from more senior level
technicians, specialists, and managers only when dealing with new,
- Provides guidance to lower level technicians and specialists.
Training and Certifications
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification
commensurate with technical objectives and services required within
the task order.
- Applicable software or hardware training and certifications
commensurate with the technical objectives, services required and
IT environment specified within the task order. Education and
- High School Diploma + 7 years
- Associate's Degree + 5 years
- Bachelor's Degree + 3 years
- Master's Degree + 1 years
- PhD + 0 years Our Pay & Benefits Include Compensation
- Above Market Pay
- Up to $10,000 for Referral Bonuses
- Additional Bonuses for Exceptional Performance and Assisting
with Business Development and Company Growth Health
- 100% Paid Premiums for Health Insurance. Choose from over 60
gold-level medical plans from Aetna, CareFirst BCBS, Kaiser and
UnitedHealthcare. Choose from PPO, EPO, POS, HMO, and
HSA-compatible plans with Health Savings Account and Flexible
Spending Account Options.
- 100% Paid Premiums for Dental Insurance
- 100% Paid Premiums for Vision Insurance Income Protection
- 100% Paid Premiums for Short-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Long-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 100% Paid Premiums for Basic Term Life Insurance Retirement
- 8% Company Contribution to 401k with Immediate Vesting of
Contributions and Pre-Tax and Roth Options Leave
- Up to 25 Days of Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Days of Paid Floating Holidays Work-Life Balance
- Flexible Work Schedules including Flex Time and Compressed Work
- Remote Work including Partial or Fully Remote.
Keywords: Base-2 Solutions, LLC, Colorado Springs , Unified Communications Operations Technician, Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!