Company: RK Mechanical, Inc.
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 19, 2023
RK is a multifaceted, industry-leading, specialty contractor
headquartered in Denver, CO, with decades of experience working in
the construction, manufacturing and building services industries.
As a second-generation family-owned enterprise, RK prides itself on
developing strong relationships with customers, as true project
partners, throughout the Mountain West region. RK brings
creativity, performance and optimism to every project.RK Mechanical
offers commercial and industrial plumbing, mechanical piping,
process piping, HVAC and refrigeration construction.The peRKs:RK
Contributionsmedical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and
- Four medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your
- 401(k) plan with company match that is 100% immediately
- Dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available after one
- Company provided life insurance and AD&D with options for
- Paid time off and holidays
- Weekly payIn-house Programs
- Career development training for all levels through RK
- Discounts on products and services for life necessities such as
phone, internet, and work apparel
- Fun company and team building events, and volunteering
- Confidential counseling for personal issues, financial advice
- Discounts on entertainment including amusement park tickets,
restaurant specials and moreWhat you'll be working on:
- Practice, promote, and develop mentoring at all trades and
manpower levels throughout the company.
- Document and ensure any required corrective measures are
addressed and implemented.
- Develop 'Master Plan' approach for project.
- Execute, supervise and maintain CPMI.
- Schedule all daily and weekly scope of work activities.
- Requisition, maintain and account for tools, materials and
- Monitor progress, performance and quality of work for all
Subcontractors and major Equipment Suppliers.
- Coordinate all required jurisdictional inspections, and
maintain good working relationships with inspectors.
- Reviews, analyzes, and updates Labor Hours/Job Costs Report
information with project management on weekly basis.
- Optimize project opportunity by field/pre-fabrication planning,
CADD, organizing and scheduling, without compromising the quality,
safety or completion date of the project.
- Assist project management with schedule preparation and SIP,
including logic and resource/budget allocation, Labor Resource
Charts and provide updates as required.
- Keep proper and complete documentation of project, in
accordance with RK Mechanical, Inc.'s standard systems and
available for inspection at all times.
- Provide required training, mentoring, coaching and leadership
for field personnel. Participation in company provided
- Ensure accurate and complete cost coding of all time cards on a
daily basis. Review, sign-off and forward time cards to corporate
office as required.
- Ensure efficient project closeout, including completion of all
punch list work, owner training and instruction, transfer of spare
parts, final cleanup, demobilization and project records
archiving.What is expected of a General Superintendent:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are
empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees
should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may
- RK Mechanical employees and subcontractors are required to
implement and maintain all safety and health systems practices
including the training requirements of RK Mechanical Orientation,
site specific orientation, CPR/First Aid/AED/Bloodborne Pathogens,
Hazard Identification and Reporting, CPMIS, and OSHA 30.Minimum
- Ability to lift and carry 21 to 35 lbs. occasionally, and/or 13
to 21 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up
to 7 to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to climb up and down and maintain balance on stairs,
ladders and scaffolds while carrying tools and equipment.
- Ability to see (naturally or with correction).
- Ability to use arms and hands to reach, handle or manipulate
and install heavy objects and materials.
- Ability to balance, kneel, squat, crouch, bend, lean, stand,
walk, climb, dig, backfill and compact.National Awards:
- Engineering News Record
- 2020 ENR Mountain States Specialty Contractor of the Year
- 2019 Colorado Project of the Year Winner- Gaylord Rockies
- 2020 Office/Retail/Mixed-Use, Award of Merit: Financial
- 2020 Cultural/Worship, Award of Merit: Denver Art Museum Sie
- Top 40 and highest ranked Mechanical Firm in Colorado on ENRs
Top 50 Firms in Mechanical, 2020
- #8 Top 20 Firms in Sheet Metal, 2020
- #19 Top 20 Firms in Steel Erection, 2020
- #95 ENRs "The Top 600 Specialty Contractors", 2020
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- #16 Top 200 Performers, 2020
- #2 Top 20 Plumbing/HVAC Contractors, 2020
- #5 Top 30 Electrical Contractors, 2020
- America Heart Association
Keywords: RK Mechanical, Inc., Colorado Springs , General Superintendent, Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!