Data Analyst Specialist - Programs Impact & Evaluation
Company: Wounded Warrior Project
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the
things people look for in a job.But if you're the kind of person
who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation's
wounded warriors and their families, then you're exactly the kind
of person we're looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project,
you're committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to
you too - helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to
serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.At Wounded
Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished
without our talented teammates, which is why we're proud to offer
benefits such as:
- A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days' work
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND
- Competitive pay and performance incentives
- A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environmentA
mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready to
get started, we're ready for you.The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)
Mission Data & Insights Data Analytics team investigates matters of
interests to program leadership in a systematic manner to
synthesize and communicate data-derived knowledge, increasing
collective understanding of WWP program effectiveness across all
services to promote the well-being of warriors and their families
and expand awareness of the post-9/11 veteran population.DUTIES &
- Systematically process large dataset, including but not limited
to data processing (data cleaning, transformation, summarization,
and analysis). This includes implementing best practices and other
appropriate quality assurance procedures to inspect the data for
accuracy and quality (such as the presence of outliers, missing
data, patterns in missing, nonsensical values etc.).
- Transform qualitative and quantitative data, from both
structured and unstructured sources for analysis.
- Develop and maintain consistent and accurate process
documentation in coordination with the Data Analytics team that
contributes to the collective systematic approach for planning,
collecting, processing, and analyzing data to facilitate
consistency, repeatability, and efficiency.
- Build and maintain productive and collaborative business
relationships with stakeholders across the organization and serve
as trusted partner to program teams to ensure a warrior-centric
philosophy is demonstrated throughout.
- Lead reporting and analytics prepared by the impact evaluation
team. Ensure rigor, accuracy, and consistency of analytic methods
and data reporting. Perform quality assurance checks on all
data-related deliverables to ensure accuracy and validity.
- Apply methods of storytelling with data to communicate intent
or need that aims to inform program direction for warrior programs
and services. This includes preparing non-technical summaries of
findings and recommendations that are easily understood and used by
- Interpret complex data and generate data driven insights in a
clear, effective, and concise manner, leveraging the use of data
visualizations that target broad audiences that are both technical
and non-technical consumers of information.
- Collaborate with Impact Evaluation team and Warrior Research
teams to identify relevant data points to communicate to external
audiences for marketing materials, executive speaking engagements,
and other external facing events to accurately and effectively
communicate key points obtained through analysis.
- Coordinate data sharing at scale, e.g., via meetings, print and
digital materials, for a variety of audiences. Inform business
decisions and communicate data clearly. Collaborate with marketing
and program leadership as needed.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for strategies, tactics,
and tools to generate efficiency and consistency.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external teams to meet
organizational objectives and share learnings and best
- Other related duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to identify
problems, analyze information, evaluate results, and solve problems
using the most effective solutions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated
ability to adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines and
deliverables under tight time constraints.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated
ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders, ask critical
questions, and obtain pertinent information and details.
Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret and explain complex
information. Demonstrated ability to anticipate questions and areas
of concern and provide solid responses for leadership.
- Strong documentation skills. Demonstrated attention to detail
- Working understanding of best practices to collect, store,
manage, share, and use data to inform strategy implementation.
- Demonstrated working understanding of data analytics and
reporting, and statistical testing using statistical software to
support the team and the work.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and innovatively,
based on continuous learning and understanding of technology and
trends, and share to take the Impact Evaluation team to the next
level. Demonstrated inquisitiveness and listening skills to
understand the 'why' behind trends and changes.
- High energy level. Self- starter: willing to take initiative
and collaborate with teammates to work effectively.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Two years of experience working with data, analytics,
interpreting complex data, or reporting data for
- Two years of experience sharing data via meetings, print and
digital materials, and communicating data results to executive
- Three years of experience in a non-profit environment or
working with military or veteran organizations.
- Two years of experience applying analytical methods and
familiarity with regression analysis and modeling.
- Three years of experience performing statistical tests on data
sets using STATA, SAS, R, or other statistical
- Bachelor's degree. Equivalent combination of education,
experience, training, and certification may be considered in lieu
- Master's degree in informatics, data analytics, business,
accounting, economics, finance, or comparable
program.CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURERequirements
- None.WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Up to 25% travel.We recognize the success of our mission
depends on the efforts of our passionate, hard-working teammates.
To help teammates remain focused on the warriors and families we
serve, WWP offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical/Prescription drug, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D,
Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and an Employee
Assistance Program. WWP also offers a 401(k) retirement plan, a
competitive PTO package, Sick Leave, Family Care Leave, Paid
Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Education Assistance, and Bereavement
Leave. For Colorado Applicants: The estimated hiring range for this
position is between $51,200 - $76,800 annual base salary,subject to
a candidate's combination of experience, qualifications, and
credentials. This position may also be eligible for an annual
performance incentive.For New York Applicants:The estimated hiring
range for this position is between $58,880 - $88,320 annual base
salary,subject to a candidate's combination of experience,
qualifications, and credentials. This position may also be eligible
for an annual performance incentive.*ca-pdWounded Warrior Project
is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal
employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military
status, disability, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law.Please note:Wounded Warrior Project
is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from
search firms without a written search agreement in place. All
resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Wounded
Warrior Project via email, the Internet or directly to hiring
managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form without a valid
written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property
of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be paid in the event
the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project as a result of
the referral or through other means."
Keywords: Wounded Warrior Project, Colorado Springs , Data Analyst Specialist - Programs Impact & Evaluation, Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!