Company: UMC, Inc.
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Fifty years ago,the owner and his family started a plumbing
business with the vision to provide quality service while helping
others learn about the trade. Today, the same owner and his family
continues to lead the industry in commercial HVAC and Plumbing by
providing a clean, quality service for the communities we help
build. With the passion to teach others the trade and great people
on our team, we continue to lead the industry and experience
continuous growth. If you have a passion to provide quality service
and have the desire to continue to learn and advance in the trade,
we have growth and leadership opportunities for you.Grow Your
Career with UMC, Inc.
HVAC Installer Benefits
- TOP MARKET PAY
- Excellent Stability & Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance for you and your
- Paid Time Off From Date of Hire
- Paid Holidays
- 401K with 6% Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- 100% paid Apprentice Program
- Family/Friend Referral Program
- Excellent Company Culture HVAC Installer Pay Range (Hourly): Up
to $36.00Actual pay depends on apprenticeship or journeyman level,
education, skills test evaluation, experience, and performance. The
successful HVAC Apprentice or Journeyman will continually improve
their knowledge and skills to provide quality work completed safely
within production timelines while incorporating UMC's Vision,
Mission, and Core Values.HVAC Installer Responsibilities (Essential
- Arrives at job sites on time as scheduled to participate in
pre-planning and safety discussions
- Wears proper Personal Protective Equipment or PPE always
- Ensures all work performed using proper installation procedures
and safety practices.
- Ensures team participation and communication to learn from and
- Treats others with respect and dignity and incorporates UMC's
Vision, Mission, and
- Core Values.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and maintain the
confidentiality of business information.
- Possess good organizational, interpersonal, and initiative
- Performs other duties as directed.
- All new hires will be subject to a 60-day evaluation
probationary period. HVAC Installer Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma, or General Equivalency
Diploma, or GED.
- Journeyman must obtain EPA and RMGA certifications.
- For apprentices, you are currently enrolled in school, or you
plan to enroll into our 100% paid apprentice program and attends
- Must be able to pass an HVAC skills test. The results of this
test help determine position level and pay.
- Must be experienced with pressure sensors, humidity sensors,
rooftop units, make-up air units, variable air volume units, energy
recovery vent units, differential pressure devices, variable
frequency drives, and air handler units.
- Strong knowledge of workflow on commercial construction sites
- Proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other project
documents, including but not limited to specifications, reporting,
and quality requirements. Must know the universal communications
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with
hands and arms; talk; hear; sit; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl;
climb or balance; stand; walk; lift or move up to 30 pounds and
occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds; work overhead and in
cramped quarters. Good vision required.
- Must be 18 years or older, have dependable transportation to
job sites, pass a physical and drug screening, and be authorized to
work in the United States. Equal Opportunity EmployerWork
Environment/AAP/EEO StatementsWhile performing this job, the
employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles,
moving mechanical parts, and vibration. Occasionally exposure to a
variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites occurs. The
noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The
performance of work happens in outside weather conditions. Mitigate
these hazards or stop work until conditions improve when
applicable. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the
position, with or without accommodation. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status.Colorado Compliance: UMC,
Inc. will not retaliate against any employee making a complaint or
inquiring about the Company's practices regarding Colorado's Equal
Pay for Equal Work Act. If you are subjected to any conduct that
you believe violates this policy, you must promptly speak to,
write, or otherwise contact your direct supervisor or, if the
conduct involves your direct supervisor, the project manager, or
Keywords: UMC, Inc., Colorado Springs , HVAC Installer/Apprentice, Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!