Company: NextGen Federal Systems
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 21, 2022
NextGen Federal Systems, LLC (NextGen) is seeking an Electronics
Technician to provide hands-on electronics equipment support for
the Department of Justice (DOJ) United States Marshals Service
(USMS) Tactical Operations Division (TOD), Office Of Strategic
Technology Tactical Communication Program.Primary Work Location:
Colorado Springs, CONextGen offers a competitive compensation
package, commensurate with experience, successful performance, and
corporate contributions including salary, health benefits, 401k,
and performance bonus.RESPONSIBILIES:
- Providing support to USMS Deputies and Court Security Officers
and applies versatility and industry leading technology related to
tactical and secure communications.
- Provides technical advice to integrate technological
applications to enhance USMS operational requirements.
- Planning, organizing, and conducting studies and forecasts to
establish technology for operational support of the law enforcement
- Coordinating with his/her manager and the USMS COR on projected
systems, current and planned capabilities, compatibility, costs and
benefits, joint agency efforts, and other critical areas.
- Assisting in the implementation of nationwide long-term
projects in coordination with the Chief Inspector OST.
- Evaluating proposed technical solutions for law enforcement
communications and make recommendations to USMS management.
- Identifying radio communications requirements, analyzing
technical solutions, conducting physical surveys, implementing and
validating the final solution used to meet communication
- Serving as a troubleshooter and trainer to resolve operational
and technical problems for radio systems users and coordinating
directly with the USMS field division leadership and/or
representatives from other federal, state and local public safety
- Identifying technical issues with radio communications
experienced by users throughout the USMS, designing modifications
and enhancements to improve the effectiveness of the communications
systems; and providing briefings on proposed modifications or
enhancements to OST for implementation.
- Working independently to survey wide areas and buildings for
proper communications networks.
- Planning, coordinating, building, and installing new
- Identifying technical failures on radio subscriber and
infrastructure equipment and working independently to address/fix
- Having the ability to learn new radio and/or computer hardware
and software skills quickly through independent study, formal
training, and/or on-the-job training.
- Demonstrating experience with the use of personal and laptop
computers in the programming, operations and maintenance, and
troubleshooting of land mobile radio subscriber and infrastructure
- Programming and installing IP video cameras and systems in
covert and overt environments.
- Fiber optic connections and installations. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work onsite in CO Springs
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security
clearanceAbout NextGen: NextGen Federal Systems is an innovative
technology and professional services provider specializing in
advanced software solutions and comprehensive mission and business
support services. We work in close collaboration with our Customers
to truly understand their business and mission goals. Our approach
is to design, build, implement, and manage solutions that
measurably improve our client's organizational performance. We have
established and foster a corporate culture where we:
- Treat employees with fairness and respect regardless of their
position, sexual identity, race, or tenure.
- Communicate the importance of our mission and our employees'
contributions to it, ensuring they understand how their job role
contributes to the greater good.
- Openly promote and communicate our ideas for change and
- Strive to achieve results as an organization.
- Hold employees accountable to their commitments and provide
incentives that encourage positive and productive behaviors.
- Value the talents and contributions of our employees as the key
factor for our success.
- Create an environment where people can engage at all
- Encourage people to take risks and allow them to make
Keywords: NextGen Federal Systems, Colorado Springs , Electronics Technician, Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!