Apprentice Plumber - $750 SIGN ON BONUS
Company: UMC, Inc.
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Fifty years ago, the owner and his family started a plumbing
business with the vision to provide quality service while helping
others learn about the trade. Today, the same owner and his family
continues to lead the industry in commercial HVAC and Plumbing by
providing a clean, quality service for the communities we help
build. With the passion to teach others the trade and great people
on our team, we continue to lead the industry and experience
continuous growth. If you have a passion to provide quality service
and have the desire to continue to learn and advance in the trade,
we have growth and leadership opportunities for you. Grow Your
Career with UMC, Inc. Apprentice Plumber Benefits
- TOP MARKET PAY
- 100% PAID APPRENTICE PROGRAM
- Excellent Stability and Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance for you and your
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K w/ 6% Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Family/Friend Referral Program
- Excellent Company Culture Salary $17.50 - $29.75 / hour Actual
pay depends on Apprentice level, education, skills test evaluation,
experience, and performance. Apprentice Plumber Responsibilities
and Duties (Essential Job Functions)
- Arrives at job sites on time as scheduled to participate in
pre-planning and safety discussions before work begins.
- Complies with UMC, Inc. safety procedures and policies. Wears
proper Personal Protective Equipment or PPE. Ensures all work
performed using proper installation procedures and safety
- Has a passion to make this trade a career. Consistently seeks
opportunities to learn and grow. Demonstrates humility and
integrity. Takes feedback as an opportunity to improve skills.
- Always treats others with respect and dignity and incorporates
UMC's Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by a Journeyman or
- All new hires will be subject to a 60-day evaluation
probationary period. Apprentice Plumber Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma, or General Equivalency
Diploma, or GED.
- Apprentices MUST be attending school or have the intent to
attend our 100% paid apprentice program.
- New Construction or Multi-Family experience helpful.
- Must be able to pass a plumbing skills test. The result of this
test helps determine position level and pay.
- Possess good organizational, interpersonal, and initiative
- Must have professional communication skills.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with
hands and arms; talk; hear; sit; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl;
climb or balance; stand; walk; lift or move up to 30 pounds and
occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds; work overhead and in
cramped quarters. Good vision required.
- Must be 18 years or older, have dependable transportation to
job sites, pass a physical and drug screening, and be authorized to
work in the United States. Equal Opportunity Employer Work
While performing this job, the employee is frequently exposed to
fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and
vibration. Occasionally exposure to a variety of extreme conditions
at construction job sites occurs. The noise level in the work
environment and job sites can be loud. The performance of work
happens in outside weather conditions. Mitigate these hazards or
stop work until conditions improve when applicable. Must be able to
perform the essential functions of the position, with or without
accommodation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status. Colorado Compliance: UMC, Inc. will not retaliate
against any employee making a complaint or inquiring about the
Company's practices regarding Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work
Act. If you are subjected to any conduct that you believe violates
this policy, you must promptly speak to, write, or otherwise
contact your direct supervisor or, if the conduct involves your
direct supervisor, the project manager, or human resources.
Keywords: UMC, Inc., Colorado Springs , Apprentice Plumber - $750 SIGN ON BONUS, Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!