Business Intelligence Analyst Lead-AML (remote)
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Business
Intelligence Analyst Lead I for our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ,
Colorado Springs, CO, Tampa, FL, Plano, TX and Charlotte, NC
facility. 100% Remote work from home is available.
Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from
internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and
decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in
datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports
and analysis based on business needs and required or available data
elements. May provide consultation to users and lead cross
functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions
for displaying information based on business needs. Job
Requirements About USAA USAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level. Primary
Responsibilities: Job Description
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Leads and provides oversight in gathering complex and often
unique business requirements by partnering with customers to define
the business problem and data needs.
- Utilizes and expert understanding of multiple data structures
and sources to lead or direct the development and implementation of
business intelligence solutions, which may include data
visualization, data transformation or data collection.
- A strategic partner with IT execution teams on the development
of analytic infrastructures, data engineering, or related business
intelligence efforts. Includes collaborating on the design and
implementation of technical standards and governance
- Applies data visualization best practices - often selecting the
right data 'tool for the job' - to identify and interpret trends or
patterns while following standard Enterprise branding.
- Understands the value of prototyping, usability, and the
end-user experience to maximize the impact of the final data
visualization product (dashboard, report, insight, or
- Acts as a trusted data visualization advisor to the
stakeholder/end-user in order to drive business value.
- Provides thought leadership and system thinking to influence
relevant data, information, and application architecture
- Agile champion who is responsible for the methodology,
execution, and team education on best practices.
- Provides internal team leadership by mentoring and providing
guidance on business intelligence tools, techniques and
- Prioritizes, assigns, and monitors work assignments under the
direction of management.Influences and drives Business Intelligence
maturation across the Data & Analytic community.
- Actively participates in industry, COE, or other
discipline-relevant groups/panels to keep abreast of industry
trends and share best practices with team . When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not be able to change your responses. Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative analytics field such as
Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences,
Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or
other business-related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience
in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics (in addition
to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in
lieu of degree.
- 8 years of experience in data and analytics, technical or
business-relevant function; OR if advanced degree in a STEM
discipline, 6 years' experience in data and analytics, technical,
or business-relevant function.
- 3 years of direct and/or indirect management experience
- Experience and expertise in the identification and
implementation of innovative approaches to address complex business
problems and solutions.
- Extensive experience developing business deliverables that
leverage business intelligence platforms, data management
platforms, or SQL-based languages (Tableau, Business Objects,
Snowflake, Hadoop, Netezza, NoSQL, ANSI SQL, or related)
- Proven expert ability to leverage or build business knowledge
through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor,
leadership, and EMG levels.
- Demonstrated expert-level communication skills delivering
tailored presentations to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in embedding intuitive story
telling within the business intelligence solutions and platforms
including concise presentation of complex technical details.
- Demonstrated data and/or analytics subject matter expertise
- Demonstrated understanding of Anti-Money Laundering and
Sanctions regulatory environment
- Working knowledge of NICE Actimize and/or LexisNexis
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (i.e., Snowflake)
- Strong understanding of the data development life cycle and
information management principles (ETL/ELT process, SDLC, metadata
management, data quality, etc.).
- Experience in SQL, Database technologies (Oracle, DB2, Netezza
etc.), Java, Python, Hadoop.
- Experience with Tableau, Business Objects, or other report
- CAMS or other relevant regulatory certification The above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job. Compensation: USAA has an effective process
for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we
remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on
your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $106,800 - $192,300* (this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential: Geographic pay
differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees
working in locations where market pay levels are above the national
average. Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis
for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details. USAA Total Rewards Relocation assistance is not
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Colorado Springs , Business Intelligence Analyst Lead-AML (remote), Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!