Company: Colorado Network Staffing
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Non-Exempt and Exempt positions available
CNS is seeking experienced professionals to conduct a thorough
inspection and assessment of the structural integrity and
habitability of privatized homes in the United States. The client
requires home inspections and assessments of common areas, and each
individual home to establish the overall condition of the home.
Candidates will record any homes not inspected and the reason for
the inability to inspect. The assessments shall include home
interiors, building systems, common areas, building exteriors,
equipment drainage, landscaping, and other improvements. The
assessment shall consist of a visual survey only of the property,
components, systems, and elements that are easily visible and
readily accessible. No intrusions, sampling, boring, or disassembly
of any component, systems, or infrastructure is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to use a tablet/stylus in the field to enter
- Ability to work well with others.
- Must be able to walk 10-15k steps a day, climb ladders/stairs,
and withstand hot and cold climates while walking and
- Must be able to follow processes and rules and maintain the
organization of a large volume of data electronically.
- Must take pride in capturing quality data and being part of a
- Must take pride in the work and the fact that the data we
collect helps make decisions on the facilities that are used to
train/support the military.
- Must be able to think critically and ask questions to resolve
issues and ensure quality in our deliverables.
- Must be able to count and/or measure quantities and perform
basic calculations using field measurements and information
obtained from occupant interviews and building drawings.
- Previous BUILDER assessment experience is a significant
- Military experience is a plus.
- Facility management experience/specific discipline experience
is a plus.
CNS has three primary disciplines when staffing BUILDER assessment
projects. They are 1) Mechanical, 2) Electrical, and 3) Architect.
Below are the basic requirements for each role. For candidates
without prior BUILDER experience, training on the software will be
provided. Mechanicals should be able to meet both HVAC and Plumbing
requirements. Architects should be able to meet both Interior and
- Ability to identify all types of hydronic (chilled water/hot
water) components. Boilers/Chillers, pumps, air separators, pot
feeders, expansion tanks, etc.
- Ability to identify all types of packaged systems
- Ability to identify air-side components, VAVs, air handlers,
- Ability to identify all types of exhaust fans
- Ability to identify split systems
- Ability to identify VFDs and other control systems
- Ability to identify elevators and other conveyance components
(this requirement is flexible)
- Ability to count fixtures (toilets, sinks, etc)
- Ability to estimate linear feet of piping (or use a formula to
- Ability to identify water heaters
- Ability to identify pumps
- Ability to identify backflow preventers
- Ability to count fire protection devices (horns/strobes/pull
- Ability to follow the rules on inventorying an FP
- Ability to identify maintenance equipment (lift, air
- Ability to identify stair types (metal/wood/concrete) and
whether they are one flight or two
- Ability to identify transformers and know their type.
- Ability to identify panels, safety switches, enclosed circuit
breakers, and other types of electrical service equipment
- Ability to count lights and identify light types (these are
counted by type)
- Ability to identify generators and their type.
- Ability to identify UPSs
- Ability to identify floor finishes (carpet, tile, terrazzo,
finished concrete, etc)
- Ability to identify ceiling types (gypsum, acoustical, wood,
- Ability to identify wall types (block, drywall w/stud)
- Ability to identify wall coverings (wallpaper, wainscoat,
- Ability to identify and count doors (wood, metal)
- Ability to identify and count toilet partitions.
- Ability to identify wall types (block, double wythe brick,
- Ability to identify window types (aluminum, wood, vinyl,
- Ability to understand the structure of a building and inventory
- Ability to identify foundation types. Often these are below
grade and not visible so an understanding of foundation types vs.
building types is helpful. For instance, a pole barn structure has
a different foundation type than a block building.
- Ability to identify roof types.
- Ability to identify gutters/downspouts.
- Ability to identify roof hatches/skylights
- Ability to identify canopies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts,
and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of
extreme conditions in the facility. The noise level in the work
environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk and hear. This position is very active and
requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching,
crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with an expected duration of
approximately 10 months. Candidates will be expected to work 50
hours per week.
This position may be required to travel 50-70% (or more) of the
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, civil, or
- Registered engineer or eligible for registration within 2
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience.
- Ability to pass a background check.
To access the facilities in which employees will be performing most
of their work, candidates for this position will need to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Colorado Network Staffing, Colorado Springs , Home Builder, Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!