Company: Colarelli Construction
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Position Title: Estimator
Position Location: 111 South Tejon, Suite 112, Colorado Springs, CO
Employee Status: Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
Job Overview And Responsibilities
This position is intended for a professional with basic estimating
and plan reading skills and is intended to provide an opportunity
for growth into a role as a Preconstruction Manager over time.
Position requires professional to assist in various
pre-construction and pre-development activities, including the
creation of detailed proposals and detailed construction estimates
from preliminary / conceptual information. The ideal candidate is
detail orientated with a demonstrated ability to work with numbers,
drawings, multitask and prioritize as well as possesses strong
organization and communication skills. This person will be
responsible for developing accurate and reliable estimates for
multiple, simultaneous projects from conceptual design through
final construction documents.
- Review project plans and specifications and define proposal
- Attend pre-proposal and jobsite visits to determine
requirements for projects.
- Prepare solicitation of subcontractors and suppliers for bid
- Prepare detailed quantity takeoffs.
- Receive and review subcontractor and supplier proposals.
- Prepare detailed estimates, review with team and then revise as
- Use software tools as required to aid in preparation of
estimates and budgets.
- Continually seek to learn about building systems, materials and
- Work closely with project team to ensure accurate estimates and
assumptions meet project requirements.
- Work directly with clients to define program requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
Following are necessary skills and qualifications for this
- Understands project plans and specifications for commercial
- Understands the various components and processes that are
required in the construction of a building.
- General understanding of the relevant building codes and how to
use them to determine appropriate requirements for each building
- Demonstrates ability to use and learn software platforms
typical for commercial construction companies.
- Demonstrates a willingness and capacity to continually learn
about building systems, materials, pricing and processes.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and professionalism.
- Background in Architecture and/or Commercial Building
- Knowledgeable in construction and estimating software as well
as windows applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products including
- Experience in Bluebeam Revu, AutoCAD, Revit, On-Screen Takeoff,
Asta Powerproject and/or Agtek all preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in roles of increasing responsibility
in commercial construction industry.
- Position requires a clean driving record and valid driver's
- Position requires an acceptable background check per company
This is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all duties
Compensation for This Position:
The salary range for this position is between $60,000 and $85,000
per year depending on the candidate's capabilities and role. In
addition, the current standard company benefits including paid time
off accrual, health, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), dental,
vision & life insurance eligibility will be offered per company
policy for employees, which is the first of the month following 60
days of employment. Eligibility for company 401(k) plan will take
place per company policy and fulfillment of a 90 day wait period.
Employer pays 95% for the employee's health and dental premium and
50% for the dependents' premium.
If you are interested and can demonstrate competencies in the
minimum requirements, then please submit your resume and cover
letter to email@example.com, or in person at 111 S.
Tejon St., Suite 112, Colorado Springs, CO by not later than
September 30, 2021.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Colarelli Construction, Colorado Springs , Estimator, Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!