Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst I
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Purpose of JobAs a member of the second line of defense, the
Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst executes
independent testing under the Enterprise Testing program
methodology to ensure departmental processes and activities comply
with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures. The
incumbent will compile and retain well documented work papers to
create accurate and concise written reports including issues, root
cause and recommended corrective action.
(Remote Work Available)Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it
means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of
U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission
requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Under guidance, develops the steps needed to test and/or
analyze compliance with applicable policies/procedures and
- Analyzes and assesses formal and informal policies and
procedures related to processes and controls for effectiveness
related to risk controls.
- Under minimal guidance, conducts appropriate, independent
testing to ensure operational risks and compliance requirements are
- Prepares detailed and objective work papers to support
- Completes assigned compliance and operational risk testing
activities in accordance with established timelines and high
standards of quality.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, identifies root
causes, and provides information to the team and relevant
- Identifies potential control weaknesses and makes
recommendations to remediate issues.
- Summarizes the results of testing in clear, accurate and
concise written reports. Maintains accountability for the
completeness and accuracy of testing results/reports.
- Builds, develops, and maintains relationships with business and
internal control partners (Audit, Risk & Compliance, Legal) to
facilitate collaboration between all lines of defense for
- Bachelor's Degree, or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 4 or more or more years relevant work experience.
- ICFR, SOX, or Call Report experience required
- Advanced knowledge of relevant regulatory data sources.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant industry regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance. Advanced knowledge
of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and
- 4 or more years of relevant experience independently testing
for compliance and/or operational risks, internal/external
auditing, or as a federal/state examiner of the
roles/responsibilities of the CFO functional area.
- 4 or more years of relevant experience within a banking,
insurance, or other financial services industry.
- Strong understanding of building, testing, and evaluating the
adequacy of internal control design and operating effectiveness,
preferably with Internal Controls over Financial Reporting, Bank
Call Report, Regulation W, or Stress Testing.
- Demonstrated experience with the execution of Second Line of
Defense compliance and/or operational risk testing, including
compliance risk management principles
- Master 's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Risk
Management, or related field of study.
- Possesses or working towards one of the following designations:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor
(CIA), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), Certified
Financial Services Auditor (CFSA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE),
or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM).
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clearly articulated, easy
to understand format with a proven ability to communicate
effectively across 1st and 2nd lines of defense.Compensation:USAA
has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $60,300 - $108,600 *(this does
not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your
work location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. -Shift premium will be addressed on an
individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. - - -Benefits: -At USAA our employees
enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial,
and emotional wellness. - These benefits include comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance,
parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with
paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position
Keywords: USAA, Colorado Springs , Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst I , Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!