Cyber Security Operations Watch (CSOW) Analyst
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Description Job Description:Are you looking for an opportunity
to support the United States Department of Defense systems to
ensure they are secure and reliable? Our Enterprise and Cyber
Solutions Defense team is looking for an experienced Cyber Security
Operations Watch (CSOW) Analyst to work with our N2NOMS program
which is situated in Colorado Springs, CO.Our customer maintains a
highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert
technical and professional management support to the commands
enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Cyber Security
Operations Watch Analysts will support a program that provides
sustainment, maintenance, problem and change management services to
help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the
Department of Defense IP networks. Cyber Security Operations Watch
Analysts provides 24x7 support to monitor and implement cyber
threat mitigation and to obtain steps that an adversary must go
through to achieve their goal.This position will report directly to
the Cyber Security Operations Watch Lead, with regular interaction
with the Cyber Security Manager and government POCs.--What will you
do in this role?
- Work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with
significant impact to the overall NORAD/USNORTHCOM Government
- Engage with NORAD/USNORTHCOM Government customers, internal
customers, team members and management, to fulfill cyber security
- Take responsibility for development and fielding efforts
including testing/installation of operating systems and application
lock-down consistent with the current status of cyber security
- Analyze current cyber and Risk Management Framework (RMF)
protocols to complex server, network and interconnected systems to
resolve and satisfy the conditions necessary to achieve an
Authority to Operate.
- Take responsibility for multiple systems, function
interchangeably within a team of engineers and support a cross
functional approach to resolving the myriad of issues confronting
applications and systems operating within a highly complex and
interconnected networked environment.
- Take ownership of a segment of the solution and pursues the
implementation across multiple technical areas.
- Use your deep understanding of and ability to apply principles,
theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad
understanding of other related specialty areas experience with the
application of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides
(STIGs) to operating Systems, Information Assurance Vulnerability
Alert (IAVA) monitoring and application, system vulnerability
scanning and mitigation of findings, and remediation of
- Design, develop, and implement solutions that meet network and
system security requirements and perform vulnerability/risk
analyses of computer systems, networks and applications in
conjunction with the tasking being simultaneously performed by the
other cyber professionals, network staff, other corporate teammates
and resident Government staff.
- Define solutions, communicates it to the stakeholders. --
- Present the solution and the adequacy of the solution to the
stakeholders to ensure their acceptance, and then implement it
within the context of a larger effort.
- Evaluate the network to identify potential issues of network,
system, and user cyber threat activity.
- Recommend appropriate countermeasures to deter and stop cyber
- Conduct cyber vulnerability analysis and response.
- Enact and execute downward directed Defensive Cyber Operations
- Execute Information Condition (INFOCON) or Cyber Protection
Condition (CPCON) Maintain up to date IP space tracking with
- Ensure access to the NOC and the CWOC-DCO watch.
- Identify and update lists of point of contact for all system/IP
inquiries from the CWOC for the entire N&NC IP space.
- Provide expertise on technical and mission impact assessments
and liaise with the CWOC and JCC for all Cybersecurity related
- Conduct technical course of action analysis for cyber threat
response based on vulnerabilities, architecture, and defense in
depth strategies in place.
- Determine which action analysis are appropriate.
- Develop solutions and determines process improvements by
providing root cause analysis for vulnerability exploitation and
- Report any security vulnerability produced as a result of the
implementation of defensive cyber efforts to the CWOC.
- Provide and compile daily reports to track new and ongoing
issues, status of implementation of solutions, results of various
analysis, activities, observations, and determine upcoming
- Monitor systems and directives, and ensures compliance.
- Develop appropriate tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
for response to cyber threats, cyber security, and access-related
incidents, downward directed tasks, and insider threat triggers.The
following qualifications are required in order to be considered...
- Bachelors degree and 2+ years relevant experience or a Masters
degree with less than 2 years of experience. --Additional years of
applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to get Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or Cybersecurity
Analyst (CySA+) within 4 months.
- Ability to get DoD 8570 CSSP in any of the following within 6
months: (Analyst, Infrastructure Support, Incident Responder or
- Current Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI and
- Experience recommending additional security requirements and
- Experience supporting the formal Cybersecurity/IA testing
required by government accrediting authorities, and preparing
System Security Plans.The following qualifications are preferred,
but not required:
- Familiarity with NORAD/USNORTHCOM systems.
- CISSP/CISM Certification.
- DoD 8570 IAM III Certification.
- Experience in development of end user operating manuals and
- Experience in training of end users in Operating System and SW
application installation and operation.
- Familiarity with Virtualization, particularly
VMware/Vsphere.N2NOMSPay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 -
Keywords: Leidos, Colorado Springs , Cyber Security Operations Watch (CSOW) Analyst, Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!