Company: Echelon Property Group, LLC
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Service Manager,
responsible for the overall maintenance of the physical plant and
all areas related to the daily maintenance of the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the prompt and efficient preparation of vacant
units for occupancy and completion of service repairs as requested
- Perform necessary repairs and maintenance of the community
grounds, common areas, and parking lots to ensure proper upkeep and
mitigate any deferred maintenance and/or life-safety issues.
- Perform the regular maintenance of pools, hot tubs,
playgrounds, fitness equipment, fountains and other common area
- Perform daily trash collection, exterior light checks,
landscape maintenance, custodial work, snow removal and AM/PM
lock-up of amenities as needed.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of and comply with OSHA
(Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and Company safety
policies at all times.
- Perform and record preventative maintenance as designated by
the Company; Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based
on the manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals.
- Participate in and ensure punctual response to on-call
emergencies for evening, weekend and holiday coverage.
- Perform repairs made to appliances, fixtures, switches,
outlets, circuits, thermostats, furnaces, air conditioners, and
other electrical systems and components.
- Perform repairs such as replacing fittings, fixtures, disposals
and appliances, clearing stoppages, repairing connections and other
- Perform repairs made to apartments such as replacing and
texturing drywall, painting, installing and repairing blinds,
flooring and screen doors, installing tile, grout and caulking,
replacing and re-keying locks, hinges and knobs, and other interior
- Perform repairs made to concrete, masonry, roofs, fencing,
asphalt, sprinkler systems, carports, garages, steps, and other
exterior maintenance items.
- Perform carpentry work such as fitting doors, door jambs and
windows, replacing and building shelves, cabinet drawers and doors,
installing countertops, and other carpentry-related items.
- Responsible for the supply, inventory and upkeep of all
personal tools in order to adequately perform the required tasks of
the position, as well as the care, maintenance and inventory of all
supplies and equipment owned by the community.
- Properly care for and wear the required Community uniform and
safety equipment at all times; Care for and clean work area, tools
and equipment on a regular basis.
- Respond to all resident requests and concerns in an efficient
and courteous manner.
- Maintain a positive attitude, professional appearance and
courteous disposition at all times.
- Promptly report any unusual or extraordinary circumstances
regarding residents, personnel or the community to the Community
- Fully understand and comply with all Company policies and
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- One year of general maintenance experience (painting, plumbing,
carpentry, electrical, etc.)
- Knowledge in a variety of trade areas common to the field of
- Knowledge of the use and operation of hand tools, power tools,
- Certifications in HVAC and CPO preferred but not required.
- General knowledge of building codes and laws applicable to the
community (i.e. Freon recovery, electrical, plumbing, swimming
- Physical ability to perform tasks requiring continuous walking,
standing, bending, etc.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds with or without
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends,
evenings and holidays.
- On call responsibilities required
Schedule: Standard schedule is 8 am to 5pm, Monday - Friday;
schedule is subject to change depending on business needs. On call
and snow removal responsibilities required.
Salary: $17 -$18 an hour; pay depends on experience.
Benefits: This position is eligible for benefits including Medical,
Dental, Vision, Echelon Apartment Discounts, Sick/Vacation/Holiday
time, and 401 K Retirement. To learn more about our awesome
benefits package click on the provided link;
Echelon Property Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Echelon Property Group, LLC, Colorado Springs , Service Technician, Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!