Director, Supply Chain
Company: Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: February 18, 2021
Director, Supply Chain in Colorado Springs, Colorado - Careers
at Colorado Springs-CO-4350 Centennial Blvd Skip to Main Content
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your
browser to experience all the personalized features of this site,
including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page
Returning Applicant? Log back in! Director, Supply Chain Job
Locations US-CO-Colorado Springs - US-NY-Plainview Requisition ID
2020-4220 Category Logistics & Supply Chain Position Type Full-time
regular Overview We are CAES , a technologically advanced
electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers,
thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that
solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the
ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical,
and industrial markets. Are you searching for a career with a
company that offers challenging, diverse projects and
opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that
is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement?
Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and
that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven-- A
career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a
bright future. Summary: The Director, Supply Chain reports directly
to the Division General Manager and manages all aspects of supply
chain planning, procurement, inclusive of category management and
purchasing, materials & stock room, and shipping & receiving. This
position will work closely with the Division leadership team to
ensure customer and business requirements are met, ensuring best
practices are shared and implemented. In addition, this role is
responsible for continuously improving processes, optimizing costs,
meeting value creation plan targets and supply chain strategy to
meet business tactical objectives. Responsibilities *Role will have
responsibility over Colorado Springs, CO & Plainview, NY locations.
Candidates may be located in either location *
- Assume ownership and accountability of the Supply Chain teams,
processes and performance, including strategic planning,
procurement and tactical operations.
- Develop and execute supplier management strategies across
direct and indirect spend to ensure on-time delivery of parts with
highest quality and lowest cost.
- Mature and support SIOP process to improve strategic planning
of working capital, utilization of factory resources, and drive
integrated executive alignment to improve customer satisfaction,
market share, and profit.
- Improve financial performance by improving working capital and
P&L costs to meet plan and develop an understanding of the
drivers of material cost as a percentage of revenue with an
associated reduction plan. Develop new means to reduce purchased
material and services costs while maintaining business
- Establish long term strategic supplier partnerships that
support the future need of our customers and drive innovation and
- Implement and improve performance management and savings
pipeline, establishing a high performing team.
- Utilize analytic methods to analyze performance issues to
identify causal relationship underlying supply chain performance
and provide actionable insight.
- Ensure that all Environmental, Health, and Safety standards are
implemented and followed throughout the Supply Chain teams.
- Ensure compliance with implemented QMS in line with customer
and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to lead a diverse workforce and provide an amiable,
positive, and progressive work environment.
- Develop successors for senior organizational positions and work
with local management to ensure a robust talent pipeline and career
pathing, while proactively addressing capabilities of the strategic
- Establish a strategic procurement category management function.
- Bachelor's Degree--
- 10+ years of experience working in Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor's Degree in--in Logistics, Operations Management,
Engineering, Business or Scientific Discipline
- MBA / Master's Degree
- 10+ years of applicable experience working in Supply Chain
Management and Procurement.
- Experience developing & leading a Supply Chain organization,
processes, and improving KPI performance.
- Experience leading procurement category management and tactical
- Ability to think strategically, understands complex
business/financial data, and develops operational plans and
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership
- Must possess a working knowledge of business finance and
ability to link financial outcomes with operational actions and
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate progressive
- Strong problem solving and analytical thought needed to resolve
issues in a variety of complex situations without supervision.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in Supply
Chain Management within the Commercial Aerospace sector or within
another non-government or defense industrial sector. Salary Range:
$135,795 - $179,395* * Applicable pay within the posted range may
vary based on geographical location of candidate.-- Position is
bonus eligible.-- Benefits Information: www.cobhamrecruits.com
(login: Recruit / password:benefits1)-- Employment Transparency:
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain
from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or
applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their
compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster
supplement is available here . The Pay Transparency Policy is
available here .-- CAES is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you
need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of
the employment process, please send an e-mail to
CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your
request and your contact information. Options Apply Now Apply Share
Refer a Friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Connect With Us! Not ready
to apply? Connect with us for general consideration. Application
FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions, Colorado Springs , Director, Supply Chain, Professions , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!