Software Engineer - SATCOM with Security Clearance
Company: Modern Technology Solutions, Inc.
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Overview Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a
Software Engineer - SATCOM to join our team. You will create
prototypes for SATCOM and signal processing technologies. At MTSI,
our more than 1000 co-owners recognize the high demand for
specialized professionals within our industry and that you have
many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture
matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are
investing in our company's future! MTSI's core capabilities are
Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test
and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission
Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile
defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft,
flight test operations, intelligence support, and
cyber/space/homeland defense. As a recognized "employee comes
first" company with over 25 years of consecutive growth we
challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and
service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the
industry. Day one all new co-workers start with 20 days PTO, 6%
401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and
eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan
(ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to
$10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar
deductible BCBS health insurance plan. For additional company
information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com Responsibilities MTSI is
seeking a Software Engineer - SATCOM to join our team. You will
create prototypes for SATCOM and signal processing technologies.
This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO. Your
essential job functions will include but may not be limited to: *
* Write software solutions for various SATCOM systems.
* Interact with technical team members from multiple organizations
in a team environment.
* Provide engineering level documentation to enable testing and
reporting. Qualifications * 5 years' experience in JAVA, C/C++,
* 5 years' experience in wireless communication software
* 5 years' experience in the Linux environment.
* Strong programming skills.
* High degree of competence in C/C++, Java, Python, Bash.
* Experience with SATCOM/wireless software solutions.
* Created software utilizing GNU radio.
* Familiarity with signal processing and software defined radios
* Demonstrated ability to shift from one project to another in an
agile work environment.
* Ability to communicate technical approaches and details within
small project teams, including team interaction and
* Ability to capture technical approaches, designs, block diagrams,
algorithms, and implementations in written and graphical form.
Qualifications Desired: * Expertise with RF signals and digital
* Developed software using NVIDIA CUDA architectures.
* Experience developing/modifying Linux kernel modules.
* Worked with REST-ful interfaces.
* Strong motivation to expand knowledge and skills.
* Ability to approach classical problems with new ideas and
Education Requirements: * Bachelor's degree in a STEM program i.e..
Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
* Master's degree in a STEM program i.e.. Computer Science,
Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI clearance. (Only candidates who can
be cleared to TS/SCI will be considered.) Travel Requirements:
Travel up to 10 percent of the time is required with durations
ranging from overnight to several weeks. Please Note: U.S.
Citizenship is required for this position. #LI-MR1 #mtsi
Keywords: Modern Technology Solutions, Inc., Colorado Springs , Software Engineer - SATCOM with Security Clearance, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!