LEAD ACTIVATION TECH
Posted on: June 19, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by
solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
Responsible for the testing of layer 1 and layer 2, implementation
of services at layer 1, 2, and occasionally 3, including private
line services; Ethernet, MPLS, VPN, DIA, Voice, Security, Managed
Services and SDWAN suite of products. Their responsibilities will
also include product and systems knowledge related to the activated
services, technical validations, pre-testing, troubleshooting,
activation and post activation with customers.
Essential Job Duties :
- Serves as team's SME and responsible for helping mentor and
- Complete activations for external customers and help provide
oversight to team as needed
- Maintains and supports the network infrastructure. Update all
systems and databases with careful attention to detail.
- Provides accurate and consistent internal and external customer
communication during established intervals using phone, email, and
- Support Leadership.
- Ensures escalations are addressed providing top level support
- Serve as organization's SME in new product / process / IT
- Provide technical support for internal and external
- Provide next level support for Activation Tech I, II, III &
- Support strategic planning across multiple
- Work cross functionally to implement process changes.
- Provide training on new products and services.
- Develop & write UAT test use case scenarios, as
- Identify and champion resolution for process issues.
- Assoc degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 8 - 10 years related experience in specific area or
- May require technical certification.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Operations,
Technology or related field
- Leadership experience
- Certifications on related telecom or networking field. Minimum
of 4 certifications.
- CCNA, CCNP, and/or MEF. Juniper, Alcatel, Fortinet, and
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment and dealing
with ambiguity (thinking outside of the box).
- Advance knowledge of OSI model, working knowledge of TDM,
Ethernet, Voice, MPLS, IP, DWDM
- Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR)
- Advance knowledge of Routing Protocols and Hardware Platforms
to include BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, IP Routing, Cisco
- Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Cisco IOS, ATM,
Frame-Relay and Juniper
- Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Juno OS, DNS, Radius,
- Exposure to Network Design (LAN, WAN and ISP) and
- Advance knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 212899
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Colorado Springs , LEAD ACTIVATION TECH, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!