Staff Systems Engineer
Company: Collins Aerospace
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Date Posted:2019-04-30-07:00Country:United States of
AmericaLocation:HCO01: Interiors (Seats) - CO Springs 1275 N
Newport Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80916 USACollins Aerospace is a
leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for
the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by
bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems,
Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and
expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the
demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact
stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace,
our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government
customers complete their most complex missions whatever and
wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent
and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized
aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By
joining our team, youll have your own critical part to play in
ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs
for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission
At Collins Aerospace, were dedicated to relentlessly tackle the
toughest challenges in our industry all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies
Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems were
driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and
intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day
we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter,
safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys,
reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all
with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer. We are
Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for executing all Systems
Engineering related activities for the projects they are assigned
too in alignment with the businesss current procedures and
practices. This will involve working cross-functionally with
engineering, program management, operations and other functional
groups throughout all phases of projects. This individual will be
the systems engineering focal for the entire life-cycle of the
project/program as assigned by the business. In addition, this
individual will work with the existing Systems Engineers and others
to enhance current Systems Engineering practices, processes and
- Utilize robust Systems Engineering practices in support of
- Evaluate external and internal customer needs to define system
performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure
compatibility of all physical, functional and program
- In support of assigned projects; complete the Planning,
Execution and Managing and Controlling activities.
- Systems engineer will also perform CAM job responsibilities
will include managing the cost, schedule and technical scope for
each assigned control account for a small set of project tasks.
Possible tasks may include detail planning work scope into control
accounts and work packages, providing schedule progress/status,
assessing and updating ETC/EAC/VAC, reviewing and analyzing control
account performance, addressing metric anomalies, identifying
risks/opportunities, developing/managing plans to mitigating risks
or harvest opportunities, and status Management on scope of work
status and issues.
- Monitors the cost, effectiveness, and reliability of activities
and recommend modifications to optimize resources, prioritize
spending, and ensure that standards are met
- Manages work-processes, optimization methods, and risk
management tools for large or complex projects.
- Complete the Requirements Collection, including developing them
and managing them, along with the creation of the Requirements
Compliance Matrix and the Requirements Verification Matrix.
- Support capture of project and product requirements in
requirements database/ library (DOORS).
- Performs analysis at all levels of the total system product
including concept, design, fabrication, modeling, test,
installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification
and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness
analyses for total systems.
- Support other engineering and project execution activities, as
- The position requires strong interpersonal skills, high degree
of comfort with ambiguity, good project discipline, excellent oral
and written communication skills, and the ability to work
- Interaction with customers, suppliers, and regulatory
authorities is routinely required.
- This position requires a Bachelors degree in the appropriate
discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree
in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.
In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is
- Minimum 5 years of product development experience of which at
least 3 years must be in Systems Engineering
- Above average PC, data processing (Word, Excel, Power Point,
- Good understanding of fundamental System Engineering processes
- Good understanding of requirements management processes
(requirements capture, validation and management).
- Familiarity with DOORS
- The successful applicant must be willing to work beyond core
hours, and weekends (when required); and regularly travel to
support certification/qualification activities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical or
Aerospace preferred) and seven years of prior relevant experience
or other Bachelor of Science degrees and ten years of prior
relevant experience may be considered based on practical
- Master of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical or
Aerospace preferred) and five years of prior relevant experience or
other Master of Science degrees and eight years of prior relevant
experience may be considered based on practical experience
- DOORS requirements management
- Aerospace product development engineering experience,
especially within commercial aircraft interiors products
- Familiarity with CAD systems is essential and knowledge of NX
is a plus.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical
and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a
background check, which may include a drug screen.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and
separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new
hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees
who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
Collins Aerospace is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless
possibility. And the bonds we form with our customers and with each
other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams:
We'd like to make it clear that Collins Aerospace never asks
candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer
that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do
not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any
suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Apply now and be part of the team thats redefining aerospace, every
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Colorado Springs , Staff Systems Engineer, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!