Site Lead / Senior Defensive Cyberspace Operator - Colorado Springs
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Peraton is seeking a Senior Defensive Cyberspace Operator (DCO) /
Site Lead to support the United States Air Force Space Command
(AFSPC). Candidate must be independent and a self-starter with
demonstrated experience and certifications. Candidate must have
experience with cybersecurity, including DOD Information Assurance
Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP). Continuous
monitoring and risk management framework experience is
What you'll do...
- Complete vulnerability management actions, such as providing
recommendations and responding INFOCON and CPCON changes.
- Implement mitigations and monitor government-provided DCO
- Perform threat insight processes to provide analysis to support
mitigation and remediation activities.
- Conduct intrusion analysis and correlation of unauthorized
activities; provide and implement recommendations to improve
customer mitigation processes.
- Comply with USCYBERCOM directions and task orders provided via
AFCYBER, and 14 AF AFFOR Communications Control Center (14 AF
- Conduct incident handling in accordance with CJCSM 6510.01B;
use AFSPC 9-Line Report format to relay incident details.
- As required, support 14 AF ACCC operational planning team
- Analyze cyber incidents, correlate incident details, and
formulate and implement response actions.
- Conduct after-action processes to capture efforts taken to
mitigate unauthorized actions.
- Identify security inconsistencies; report and respond to
- Support development of DCO concept of operations, processes,
and procedures. Contribute to the development of DCO tactics,
techniques, and procedures.
- Provide research and analysis expertise in support of expanding
programs and area of responsibility.
- Lead, mentor, and provide quality assurance for team members.
Communicate effectively and maintain positive working
- Negotiate complex issues and write comprehensive studies.
strong analytical and product management skills, including
understanding of how to interpret customer needs and translate to
application and operational requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, IBM Analyst Notebook, and
message distribution/retrieval software.
- Prepare and present reports, briefings, and informational
- Complete records management of sustainment related deliverables
- Participate in customer exercises (after duty hours as
- Adhere customer schedules, policies, and master plans; develop
solutions to program problems.
You'd be a great fit if...
- You have a BS/BA degree with (4) four years of related
- You have CSSP Incident Responder, CSSP Analyst, DOD 8570.01-M
for IAM Level 1.
- You have a current TS/SCI security clearance and maintain the
clearance It would be even better if you...
- Have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft
Windows operating systems administration and associated
- Have working knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies and data backup
technologies, including communication security integration.
- Have ACAS experience.
- Have experience and an understanding of all-source analyst
techniques, practices, and tools and be able to train these
- Require minimal supervision and display innovation and
- Are able to work in a dynamic environment and interact with
various DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry
- Are willing to Travel as required (air/ground).
- Are able to lift up to 50 pounds. What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to i nfluence major initiatives
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Colorado Springs , Site Lead / Senior Defensive Cyberspace Operator - Colorado Springs, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!