Company: SAIC (Science Applications Int.)
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: March 19, 2023
SAIC is seeking Systems Administrators of all levels to support the Enterprise Ground Services Program, a program that directly assists the US Space Force. The ideal candidate will have experience providing design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting functions for physical and virtual information systems and web-based applications. The selected candidate will interface with Active Duty, US Government, and contractor personnel to provide top-notch support with a focus on system/network security in support of National Security; provide break/fix and design supporting Information Technology in a fast paced, high-energy environment; provide root cause analysis, and be comfortable recommending permanent configuration changes when necessary. Support will encompass a range of capabilities from server and workstation configuration and support, LAN setup and maintenance. This position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, rotating shift work required.
With information technology constantly changing, specialists must stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and the potential effectiveness of these advancements in their current systems. Primary duties and responsibilities may include:
* Work as a senior member of Linux systems administration teams, networking, and security in supporting the projects deployed at multiple on-premises facilities and in cloud environments. This includes designing and deploying Linux-based solutions.
* Provide cross-team deployment and administrative support for services including systems integration.
* Create and extend system configuration and automation tools - knowledge of Puppet and/or Ansible is required (Puppet preferred).
* Participation in all security processes, including security patching and auditing, security remediation, and disaster recovery operations.
* Identify, experiment with, and adapt technologies that can better serve the customer and ITMS' goals.
* Participation in day-to-day process and service optimization, issue discovery and remediation, along with membership in a rotating on-call schedule.
* Project analysis, requirements gathering, analysis of alternatives, testing, and deployment.
* Author, collaborate on, and maintain project, systems, services, and process documentation.
Qualifications - External
* Experience with Satellite Operations/Communications and the Satellite Control Network (SCN).
* Active Top Secret with SCI eligibility. US Citizenship required.
* Ability to work off-hours and travel less than 10% as needed for support
* Proven work experience as a Linux systems administrator, Red Hat-based distributions preferred.
* Firm knowledge of configuration management in tools such as CHEF.
* Practical experience in Bash and one additional scripting language such as Python.
* Established understanding of DevOps principles and tools.
* Must be certified DOD 8570.1-M IAT Level 2 (current baseline security and operating environment certifications).
* Familiar with the RMF process
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Experience with storage administration
* Knowledge of Cisco and Juniper routers and switches
* Experience with Linux in a secured environment
* Experience with Virtualization products such as Vrealize, Vsphere, PowerCLI, Openstack, Docker, Openshift
* Experience with Oracle Java
* Bachelor's degree and five (5) or more years of relevant experience; Masters and three (3) or more years of relevant experience. Four (4) years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Keywords: SAIC (Science Applications Int.), Colorado Springs , Systems Admin, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
here to apply!