Data Analytics Supervisor
Company: El Paso County, CO
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Typical Hiring Range: $70,000 - $85,860 annually(salary to be commensurate with qualifications)
This position has an anticipated work schedule of Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm, subject to change. Under FLSA guidelines, this position is exempt.
El Paso County Department of Human Services (DHS) is a leader in making data-driven decisions in support of improved outcomes for the individuals and families we serve. This position plays a critical role in gathering, interpreting, and presenting data, thereby providing agency leadership with insight that drives efforts toward continuous quality improvement and streamlining of program delivery.
* Responsible for leading the data analytics team within the Quality and Development Services Division of the Department of Human Services (DHS).
* Responsible for the overall performance and coordination of data solutions that support the administration of programs within DHS.
* Supervises a team of data analysts working in the collection, analysis, and visualization of performance metrics.
* Develops program strategies, goals, policies, procedures, and best practices in conjunction with the appropriate leadership team(s).
* Manages and provides programming and scripting expertise, such as SQL.
* Assists the leadership team and other staff to build capacity, experience, and comfort in interpreting and applying data to decision making. Champions a culture of technology and data-driven decision-making within the department and implements innovative solutions toward this end with the support of the team.
* Gathers information, prepares materials, and delivers presentations to County staff, including department heads, community groups, and the public, as appropriate.
* Monitors performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
* Participates in internal and external committees as a representative of the department.
* Develops and implement effective system and database training for DHS staff.
* Supervises assigned functional area and staff, including providing guidance and training. Conducts performance evaluations and motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance; participates in the hiring and disciplinary process.
* Performs other duties as required.
* May be reassigned in emergency situations.
* Partners with Staff Development to support the Trails training program, including training curriculum and materials.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of social service and public assistance rules, regulations, and procedures.
* Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills.
* Knowledge of continuous quality improvement process methodologies and tools.
* Working knowledge of research methodology, principles, and procedures.
* Effective communication skills; ability to present complex problems and solutions in ways that are easy to understand, tailored to audiences of stakeholders with a range of technical expertise in the related programs.
* Ability to collect, synthesize, and analyze data. Ability to develop recommendations regarding the cost effectiveness and quality of services and programs.
* Ability to maintain a high level of proficiency related to research and analysis of a variety of benefit systems used by El Paso County and the corresponding program policies.
* Ability to supervise and train others; ability to objectively review and evaluate the performance and work of employees.
* Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to develop and support a team with trust, compassion, collaboration, and ownership.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, DHS personnel, community organizations and agencies, and the public.
* Effective time management skills.
* Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to assess situations and make prudent and appropriate decisions; ability to use conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
* Proficiency with databases and Microsoft Office suite.
* Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
Required Education and Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent education.
* Minimum four years of experience with data analytics, including collecting, analyzing, and utilizing data to improve program, process, and service outcomes.
* An equivalent combination of related education and work experience that satisfy the requirements of the job will be considered.
PreferredEducation and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in statistics, human services, or related field.
* Minimum one year supervisory or leadership experience.
* Experience working with human services programs and information systems.
* Experience with SQL or other programming language(s).
* Experience with Toad Data Point, Crystal, or other similar applications.
* Experience creating and maintaining data visualizations, such as dashboards or infographics.
* Experience working with staff to translate data into opportunities for process and quality improvement.
* Experience in gathering and analyzing qualitative data.
* Must pass conditional post offer background investigation and drug screen.
Duties are primarily performed in a high-volume office and remote work environment dependent upon Department discretion and business needs. May be required to work evening and weekend hours.
Keywords: El Paso County, CO, Colorado Springs , Data Analytics Supervisor, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
here to apply!