Field Operations Supervisor
Company: MetroNet Inc.
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: March 9, 2023
DescriptionMetroNet has an immediate opening for an energetic;
customer focused Field Operations Supervisor in Colorado Springs,
At MetroNet, we pride ourselves on providing cutting-edge
technology combined with outstanding customer care. We are a
fast-growing telecommunication company, offering 100% fiber-optic
technology. MetroNet specializes in fiber to the premise TV, voice
and internet services that provide our customers with some of the
fastest internet speeds in the world. Recognized for being one of
the Best Places to Work in 2020 by Glassdoor. We are committed to
revolutionizing the industry by enhancing the overall customer
experience and optimizing the talent of our valued associates.
We're looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team
and help us create what's next!
What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- Company paid logo attire/uniform
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Cell phone allowance
- Tuition paid assistance in our Techsellence Program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
Position is responsible for managing all MetroNet outside field
operations in the assigned geographic area ensuring the efficient
and timely completion of customer fulfillment requests for premise
installation and repair. The Field Operations Supervisor also
supports the video engineering and facilities engineering
departments with hub site maintenance activities.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee the selection, hiring, and career development of all
- Help establish and maintain a standard for equipping
technicians with tools and test sets
- Manage the company tools and test set inventory and quickly
address 'loss' issues
- Help develop a supporting training and skills development
curriculum for both new hires and existing employee and maintain
- Manage workplace safety and provide safety training to
employees as required
- Manage both the productivity and quality of work down to the
individual employee level
- Assure that all technicians exhibit a 'customer friendly'
attitude promoting MetroNet's commitment "to serve with passion"
and deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Monitor quality control of installation work - conducts on-site
QC surveys for compliance with MetroNet installation standards and
tracks QC compliance of individual technicians as well as
generating monthly compliance reports
- Resolve customer complaints - investigates service and damage
complaints and takes appropriate action to resolve the
- Procure and coordinate installation activities of contractors
as needed to meet work flow requirements
- Develop and maintain a district out-of-hours call out
- Provide support to the video engineering and facilities
engineering departments with the planning and maintenance functions
for hub sites
- Assist the video and network engineering teams with the
planning of all MetroNet hub sites in terms of advising as to their
location, size, exterior appearance, and internal layout.
- Support the monitoring and maintenance of all hub site
electronics and peripheral systems
- Assist with troubleshooting equipment failures and service
- Rapidly respond to any security or equipment alarms
- Support Outside Plant with repair and maintenance
- Work with OSP manager to develop OSP preventative maintenance
routines to minimize potential outages
- Provide assistance as needed with OSP repair and restoration
- Review all underground plant locate requests for MetroNet
facilities and ensures accurate locating of subject facilities are
- Ensure OSHA, NESC, NEC, and MetroNet safety regulations and
precautions are followed for all work activities
- Keep up-to-date with FCC and other regulatory requirements and
- Support storefront manager with local utility
- Knowledge of cable franchise management
- Knowledge of economic development
- Public safety relations
- Provide the leadership, policies, and systems necessary to
encourage individual employee performance accountability for the
- Manage personal and vehicle safety
- Provide productivity and work quality
- Maintain punctual attendance
- Manage vehicle inventory, tools, test set utilization
- The associate may be required to follow other job-related
instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested,
subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
What You Need For This Position:
- Proven outside plant construction knowledge
- Prior hands-on experience with the installation and maintenance
of customer inside wire
- To support field personnel in 2nd tier technical support
circumstances, the ability to use a spectrum analyzer ,OTDR, and
other fault diagnosis tools
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Naturally model respect for others by listening well,
encouraging others, and promptly returning phone
- Ability to keep commitments to customers, suppliers, and other
- An orientation to problem solving with facts and drive for
common goals and priorities to leverage diversity of opinion.
If you have a strong desire to impact, the success of our
organization by ensuring we continue to attract and retain
committed professionals, please apply today!
MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: MetroNet Inc., Colorado Springs , Field Operations Supervisor, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...