National Service Officer
Company: Wounded Warrior Project
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: March 9, 2023
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the
things people look for in a job.But if you're the kind of person
who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation's
wounded warriors and their families, then you're exactly the kind
of person we're looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project,
you're committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to
you too - helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to
serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.At Wounded
Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished
without our talented teammates, which is why we're proud to offer
benefits such as:
- A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days' work
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND
- Competitive pay and performance incentives
- A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environmentA
mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready to
get started, we're ready for you.The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)
National Service Officer (NSO) educates and advocates for warriors
and their families as they pursue claims for injuries sustained
during activity duty military service. The NSO guides and manages
the preparation and processing of all claims and subsequent appeals
through the Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Veterans
Affairs (DVA).DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop relationships with DoD & DVA leadership to ensure
timely and professional care and treatment of warriors and their
- Represent veterans and their families before the DoD and
- Prepare briefs for pending appeals located at the local VA
Regional Office level.
- Identify and review administrative errors and other documents
for consideration for submission to Central Office.
- Remain current with all VA and DoD laws, regulations, and
- Maintain and update WWP case management electronic tracking
- Develop community support and to speak on behalf of WWP.
- Assist in collaborative efforts to support WWP programs.
- Develop relationships to foster engagement with warriors and
caregivers with WWP programs.
- Maintain Veterans Service Organization accreditation standards
set forth by the VA Office of General Counsel (OGC) and complete
assigned training courses.
- Other duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working understanding and application of relevant DoD and DVA
laws and regulations when researching, filing, and closing benefits
- Working knowledge of all VBA electronic systems, including
- Basic experience utilizing case management system(s).
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills and
ability to prioritize effectively and handle multiple priorities
with tight deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Working ability to interact, collaborate, and operate
effectively with government agencies, e.g., DoD, DVA, BVA, and
internally with WWP teammates, e.g., Benefits Services team, and
establish and maintain professional relationships.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Demonstrated understanding of relationship management and
partnering. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain
professional relationships and create a diverse network of
- Effective presentation skills. Confident communicator, with
demonstrated ability to present information effectively, facilitate
discussion, and serve as a strong effective representative of
- Professional presence & demeanor. Demonstrated emotional
intelligence. Ability to respond to sensitive matters with
diplomacy and empathy.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, work independently, and
work well under pressure. Demonstrated strong attention to detail
in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office programs, e.g.,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Highly motivated, passionate, and creative team player with
demonstrated commitment to the organization.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Two years of experience as a veteran's benefits advocate.
Equivalent VA or military benefits related experience may be
considered in lieu of advocate experience.
- Juris Doctorate may be substituted for the two years of
experience as a veteran's benefits advocate.Preferences
- Three years of experience as a veteran's benefits
- Bachelor's degree. Equivalent combination of education,
experience, training, and certification may be considered in lieu
- Juris Doctorate.CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURERequirements
- Valid state-issued driver's license.WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Up to 20% travel.We recognize the success of our mission
depends on the efforts of our passionate, hard-working teammates.
To help teammates remain focused on the warriors and families we
serve, WWP offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical/Prescription drug, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D,
Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and an Employee
Assistance Program. WWP also offers a 401(k) retirement plan, a
competitive PTO package, Sick Leave, Family Care Leave, Paid
Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Education Assistance, and Bereavement
Leave. For Colorado Applicants:The estimated hiring range for this
position is between $51,200 - $76,800 annual base salary,subject to
a candidate's combination of experience, qualifications, and
credentials. This position may also be eligible for an annual
performance incentive.*ca-cwWounded Warrior Project is an equal
opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment
opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military status,
disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by law.Please note:Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking
assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms
without a written search agreement in place. All resumes submitted
by search firms to any employee at Wounded Warrior Project via
email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Wounded
Warrior Project in any form without a valid written search
agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Wounded
Warrior Project, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate
is hired by Wounded Warrior Project as a result of the referral or
through other means."
Keywords: Wounded Warrior Project, Colorado Springs , National Service Officer, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...