Security Specialist - NISSC II
Company: Jacobs Engineering Group
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Jacobs is seeking a Security Assistant Admin to support the NISSC
II contract. Your career at Jacobs enables NISSC to fulfill its
mission to "provide classified communications and processing for
Command and Control (C2) capability in organizational work centers
at NISSC sites." As a member of our team, you will support
corporate and customer mission to provide world-class IT services
and support that connects systems and users across NORAD in the
areas of software development/maintenance, network services, cyber
security, systems administration, and other mission-critical
The Security Specialist is responsible for assisting the security
manager in implementing the personnel security program and ensuring
the company and customer security requirements are met. The
Security Specialist will develop and implement security procedures,
conduct background clearance vetting and initiate personnel
clearances via DISS. The candidate must have experience with DISS.
This position will be required to interface with all NISSC II team
leads, flight chiefs, government customers on-site, vendors, and
other government agencies needing access to the NORAD Restricted
Area. The candidate will work closely with the government security
manager on-site and support mission.
Typical Duties Include:
- Interface with all levels of Jacobs personnel and government
management personnel to ensure contract security compliance with 32
CFR, Part 117, NISPOM, Security Classification Guides as well as
installation access control in a classified area.
- Common knowledge dealing with open storage areas to include
response to alarms, alarm access rosters, alarm system monitoring,
badging access, visitor logs for the open storage area, facility
access, and preparing all visit requests for upcoming visits to
restricted, cleared areas, and SCIFs.
- Conduct room and safety inspections for compliance with
physical security; participate in government telephonic and
in-person reviews, participate in any and all inspections
concerning the open storage areas and SCIFs.
- Maintaining and updating DISS as needed and making certain to
enter all reported adverse information from employees.
- Make critical security decisions and implement security
procedures that prevent unauthorized access to company and/or
government facilities or information; take independent action when
warranted or in the absence of the senior leadership; and bring
security risks to the attention of the Jacobs Security Manager and
General Manager/Program Manager.
- Provide/implement clear guidance to employees and recommend
modifications to operations policies or procedures as appropriate.
Work as a team player, demonstrate flexibility, and excellent
organizational and time management skills.
Educational Requirements: Associates Degree/ Bachelor's degree in
Certification Requirements: FSO certification via CDSE/ STEPP
(individual will have six months to obtain FSO certification)
- Working knowledge of the NISPOM Rule, DoDM 52001. V 1-4, AFMAN
16-404v2, other relevant DoD security guidance, and a strong
working knowledge of DISS, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint Buildable
knowledge of the Insider Threat Program
- Experience conducting security incident inquiries and writing
- Commitment to security best practices - creating and delivering
the highest value to customers
- Basic understanding of Physical Security requirements to
include collateral Open Storage, Restricted Areas, and SCIFs
- Experience creating and conducting initial security briefings,
debriefings, indoctrinations, pre/post foreign travel briefings,
and refresher briefings
- Ability to develop and maintain an effective security
awareness, training, and education program at the customer
- Excellent customer service skills, record-keeping experience,
professional phone etiquette, and a desire to be an active
contributor to the success of the mission
- Ability to work independently, juggle competing workloads and
demands, and adapt to changing priorities with a sense of urgency
in a dynamic environment.
- Completed STEPP/DCSA DISS (NBIS), and Insider Threat
- Experience in developing and implementing OPSEC plans to
include emergency action plans
- Working knowledge of how to respond to Access Control and
Intrusion Detection Systems on a government installation
- Resourceful in problem-solving and continuous improvement
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside
environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low
to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in
exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions
including hot, dusty, cold, icy, and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required.
May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to
25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or
- May require climbing, working at heights, and in small confined
spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets, and server
racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods
of time.Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures
than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport
equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machine
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax
machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office
- Servers, switches, routers, and other computer equipment that
supports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders, and test
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with the established work
schedule is mandatory.
- Shift Work is required to support operations.The candidate
chosen for this position will work varying shifts
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war,
contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement
weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include
travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises
located in areas with field conditions
- Continental and overseas travel may be required.It is important
to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Function
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required
certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the
government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications
through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain
required certifications will result in disqualification for this
position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit professional behavior that promotes
teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the
workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate,
prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a
high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in
writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military,
and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with
individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress are usually business casual, but dependent
on the client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to
employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying requires a US
government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should
you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e.,
a citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance
you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign
This position is expected to pay $40,000-$60,000 annually;
depending on experience, education, and any certifications that are
directly related to the position.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you,
and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being.
Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include
education reimbursement, retirement benefits (401K match), employee
stock purchase plan, health benefits, tax saving options,
disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary
benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin,
ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or
medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or
breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner
status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical
disability, genetic information, military or veteran status,
citizenship, low-income status or any other status or
characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your
rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Keywords: Jacobs Engineering Group, Colorado Springs , Security Specialist - NISSC II, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!