Senior Data Architect
Company: Wounded Warrior Project
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the
things people look for in a job.But if you're the kind of person
who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation's
wounded warriors and their families, then you're exactly the kind
of person we're looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project,
you're committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to
you too - helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to
serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.At Wounded
Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished
without our talented teammates, which is why we're proud to offer
benefits such as:
- A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days' work
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND
- Competitive pay and performance incentives
- A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environmentA
mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready to
get started, we're ready for you.The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)
Senior Data Architect serves as the key technical leaders to define
and implement, from the ground up, an extensible data architecture
team tools and platforms to support the Wounded Warrior Project
(WWP) mission and core values. The Data Architect creates
conceptual and Logical Data Modeling efforts for strategic
initiatives, implements enterprise platform for Metadata
Management, and contributes to Data Governance, Development teams,
and Data Stewards. The Data Architect leads and manages peers and
cross-functional teams regarding data orchestration on diverse
projects having a major corporate impact as well as concurrently
working on multiple highly complex assignments.DUTIES &
- Define a data architecture and strategy (short and long term)
from a grass roots perspective, inclusive of PaaS, ETL/ Integration
platforms, cloud data warehouse/lake architecture, BI tools and
staffing other tools needed to support strategy.
- Support conceptual and logical data modeling efforts for
- Facilitate data governance meetings with development teams and
- Determine architecture solutions that meet performance,
scalability, reliability, and security needs.
- Lead multiple, large, highly complex efforts simultaneously,
making key architecture and technology decisions.
- Research and evaluate emerging data management technologies for
applicability and adoption.
- Build prototypes of learning solutions to show
proof-of-concepts and develop scalable integrated enterprise
- Work with technical leadership to drive innovation and create
best practices within the team.
- Present technical ideas and high-level concepts and solutions
to internal and external team members.
- Strong collaboration with Information Security, Legal and
- Collaborate and contribute to the company's data mining
systems, modeling standards, reporting, and data analysis
- Contribute to a positive culture of continuous improvement and
operational excellence by identifying and implementing process
improvements where appropriate.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to understand the
business problem, gather business requirements, supporting data and
with/without guidance of leadership, help stakeholders/partners
understand the business and scientific principles behind the
process to gain their buy-in.
- Other related duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated
ability to establish strong cross-organizational partnerships.
- In-depth knowledge of database structures and data warehousing
principles, and experience in SQL across different platforms
including structured and unstructured data from various enterprise
- Proven technical skills in data architecture, data modeling,
data management, and data retention concepts and practices.
- Proficiency with Azure Data Architecture, ETL/Data integration
platforms, and modern BI tools.
- Master level of SQL language skills.
- Proficiency in RDBMS, Data Warehouses Design, and Database
- Strong database design experience (logical and physical).
- Initiative and passion for finding solutions to ambiguous
problems and an ability to work in difficult situations and across
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, with
ability to communicate or convey the results to audience at all
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Seven years of experience working in cloud data warehouse
architectures, ETL, and business intelligence tools and platforms
in a lead technical role.Preferences
- Four years of experience working with the Azure data platform
and tools in a senior technical role with the following components:
Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure blob store, Azure Dev Ops and
Azure Key vault.EDUCATIONRequirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information
systems, or related field. Equivalent combination of formal
training, education, and work experience may be considered in lieu
- Master's degree in computer science, engineering, information
systems, or related field.CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURERequirements
- Cloud certifications related to Azure Data Factory or related
systems and tools.WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment, temperature controlled.
- Sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds.
- Up to 25% travel.We recognize the success of our mission
depends on the efforts of our passionate, hard-working teammates.
To help teammates remain focused on the warriors and families we
serve, WWP offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical/Prescription drug, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D,
Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and an Employee
Assistance Program. WWP also offers a 401(k) retirement plan, a
competitive PTO package, Sick Leave, Family Care Leave, Paid
Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Education Assistance, and Bereavement
Leave. For Colorado Applicants:The estimated hiring range for this
position is between $88,000 - $132,000 annual base salary,subject
to a candidate's combination of experience, qualifications, and
credentials. This position may also be eligible for an annual
performance incentive.For California, New York, and Washington
Applications: The estimated hiring range for this position is
between $101,200 - $151,800 annual base salary,subject to a
candidate's combination of experience, qualifications, and
credentials. This position may also be eligible for an annual
performance incentive.*ca-pdWounded Warrior Project is an equal
opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment
opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military status,
disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by law.Please note:Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking
assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms
without a written search agreement in place. All resumes submitted
by search firms to any employee at Wounded Warrior Project via
email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Wounded
Warrior Project in any form without a valid written search
agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Wounded
Warrior Project, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate
is hired by Wounded Warrior Project as a result of the referral or
through other means."
Keywords: Wounded Warrior Project, Colorado Springs , Senior Data Architect, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!