Company: Wounded Warrior Project
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the
things people look for in a job.But if you're the kind of person
who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation's
wounded warriors and their families, then you're exactly the kind
of person we're looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project,
you're committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to
you too - helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to
serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.At Wounded
Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished
without our talented teammates, which is why we're proud to offer
benefits such as:
- A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days' work
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND
- Competitive pay and performance incentives
- A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environmentA
mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready to
get started, we're ready for you.The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)
Travel Specialist assists WWP staff with travel planning for WWP
teammates and warriors, and identifies, negotiates, and implements
travel efficiencies and cost savings in support of the
organization's mission and goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the point-of-contact for travel planning with the
travel management company on behalf of all WWP staff and
- Provide high-touch service helping WWP staff to troubleshoot
travel issues, including assisting Programs and Events teams with
travel logistics and triaging flight issues.
- Respond and adapt immediately to crisis situations, changing
procedures, processes, and methods.
- Research options and alternatives, and select hotel
accommodations and ground transportation.
- Work collaboratively with regional office teammates to ensure
appropriate and cost-effective transportation and accommodations
- Utilize expense controls and seek cost-saving opportunities to
help manage budget effectively.
- Collaborate with and support Event Planning teams to plan and
manage group travel in support of WWP programs. Facilitate
continuous communications between Travel & Events team and WWP
teammates. Collaborate with events team to ensure attendees have
appropriate information to attend events.
- Train internal staff on travel processes and procedures,
including booking travel with online booking tool, guest travel,
opportunities for cost savings, and related efficient travel
- Coordinate with WWP's travel management company and track
monthly reporting of WWP travel expenses.
- Track travel costs for finance and auditing purposes on travel
spend for gift-in-kind items, e.g., airline certificates.
- Manage vendor relationships. Identify and implement new travel
programs and partnerships as appropriate
- Other related duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated understanding of the travel and events industry,
e.g., travel agency level, meeting planner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of relationship management and
partnering. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively
with diverse individuals and build effective working relationships.
Demonstrated emotional intelligence. Ability to respond to
sensitive matters with diplomacy and empathy.
- Good presentation skills. Confident communicator with
demonstrated ability to present information effectively to groups
- Demonstrated understanding of WWP programs and services offered
to wounded warriors.
- Ability to travel in support of WWP programs and services.
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
software, e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Professional presence and demeanor. Demonstrated skill and ease
speaking in public and serving as a representative for the
- Team-oriented with an ability to effectively engage with others
on day-to-day activities.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Three years of travel industry experience with emphasis on
corporate and group travel.Preferences
- Three years of experience working at a travel agency or travel
management company with emphasis on corporate and group
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field. Equivalent combination of
education, experience, training, or certification may be considered
in lieu of degree.Preferences
- Bachelor's degree in tourism and travel management.WORK
ENVIRONMENT /PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Up to 10% travel.We recognize the success of our mission
depends on the efforts of our passionate, hard-working teammates.
To help teammates remain focused on the warriors and families we
serve, WWP offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical/Prescription drug, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D,
Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and an Employee
Assistance Program. WWP also offers a 401(k) retirement plan, a
competitive PTO package, Sick Leave, Family Care Leave, Paid
Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Education Assistance, and Bereavement
Leave. For Colorado Applicants: The estimated hiring range for this
position is between $44,800 - $67,200 annual base salary,subject to
a candidate's combination of experience, qualifications, and
credentials. This position may also be eligible for an annual
performance incentive.For California, New York, and Washington
Applicants: The estimated hiring range for this position is between
$51,250 - $77,280 annual base salary,subject to a candidate's
combination of experience, qualifications, and credentials. This
position may also be eligible for an annual performance
*ca-agWounded Warrior Project is an equal opportunity employer
committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship,
age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.Please note:
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search
agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any
employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form
without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed
the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be
paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project
as a result of the referral or through other means."
Keywords: Wounded Warrior Project, Colorado Springs , Travel Specialist, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!