Sr Principal Engineer Systems
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 21, 2023
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the
world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean to stealth bombers to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and
a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have
fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity, and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history. The
Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman
Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines
engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences.
Our team is chartered with providing the skills, and innovative
technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized
product lines across the sector while providing a decisive
advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission. With
us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that
will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space
systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day,
now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career
today. #definingpossible Job Description Performs technical
planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and
risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total
systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system
product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test,
installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the
logical and systematic conversion of customer or product
requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge
technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional
analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements
allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer
requirements into hardware and software specifications. The team
you will support is located at our Colorado Springs, CO location.
- The candidate will serve as a Sr. Principal Engineer Systems
and function in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
- The candidate should possess strong technical problem solving,
written and verbal communication skills, perform technical
assessments and participate in CCB (Change Control Board) and data
- The candidate is expected to regularly interface with
operations, program management, engineering staff and external
- The candidate should possess a strong resolve to drive tasks to
- Provides data for and assists in risk management (identifies
- Prepares and presents materials for program major milestone
- Be well versed in specification compliance, statement of work,
- Performs gap analysis for SV functional requirement
verification and system functional tracing using DOORS.
- Maintains NGP system architecture model integrity and provides
MBSE guidance & governance to the program via Cameo.
- Provides scripting to import requirements and exchange elements
into the system architecture model.
- Utilizes model-based system engineering to develop and mature
OPSCON scenarios with associated narratives.
- Supports task planning and execution through Agile methodology
using Atlassian tool suite such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and
GitLab. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in a STEM discipline plus 9 years of
related experience; Masters' degree in a STEM discipline plus 7
years of related experience; or a PhD plus 4 years of related
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance and special
- Ability to travel (10%) Preferred Qualifications:
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance last investigated within 5
- Technical composite structural knowledge
- Entire-product-lifecycle Systems Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of composite specifications
- Comprehensive understanding of technical requirements for
composites and the dynamic properties of composites Salary Range:
$117,900 USD - $176,900 USD Employees may be eligible for a
discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are
designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Sr Principal Engineer Systems, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!