Company: Solvista Health
Location: Canon City
Posted on: January 20, 2023
The Behavioral Health Navigator responds to behavioral health
related calls with law enforcement to provide crisis de-escalation,
intervention, assessment, linkage to appropriate services, and
assistance in identifying client and family needs, gaps in service,
and opportunities for assistance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Works collaboratively with the police and law enforcement
agencies to respond to individuals in crisis to prevent further
criminal justice involvement, or hospitalization when possible and
provide follow up to ensure service needs are met.
- Assesses client's behavioral health status, makes appropriate
level of care decisions on scene, and provides evidence-based
- Provides risk assessment and intervention as part of the
- Refers to Mobile Crisis Clinicians for in-depth assessment and
- Documents all patient contacts and other clinical information
in the health record system.
- Work close with individuals to identify and address barriers
that prevents them from getting ongoing resources and treatment and
provide advocacy and care management for high acuity clients.
- Work with local law enforcement to help patient access
community behavioral health resources.
- Provide community outreach and education.
- Serve as an information resource to co-workers, clients, and
the general public.
- Participates in job-related training sessions and
- Attends required staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Duties (if any):
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Ability to comprehend or learn, and maintain department
practices, rules and regulations.
- Ability to operate telephone, computer, and other specialized
- Ability to work within a Windows operating system and related
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in
writing to a diverse population.
- Ability to handle and set boundaries with clients in a calm,
professional, and patient manner.
- Ability to think and react quickly and effectively to tense or
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to recall details from numerous informational
- Ability to prioritize decisions based upon multiple criteria,
policies, and procedures.
- Ability to multitask under stressful situations.
- Ability to remain alert, attentive and be engaged at all
- Ability to drive for transportation needs or local travel.
- Ability to go into the community for service visits, in-home
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Criminal Justice, or
- 2 years of experience in community services; including law
enforcement, fire department, or emergency medical services.
Working Conditions and Other Conditions of Employment
This job operates in a fast-paced, professional office environment
and routinely requires the use of standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, photocopiers. The position may require travel to
conferences, meetings, and branch locations on a regular or
intermittent basis. Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual
elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke,
unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. In the health center
environment, there is potential for contact with blood-borne
pathogens and communicable diseases, as well as potential for
contact with dissatisfied or abusive individuals. There could be
interaction with persons who are mentally ill, disabled, elderly
and emotionally upset.
These are representative of those which must be met to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a sedentary role but can involve standing or sitting for
extended periods of time, bending at the waist, and using hands and
fingers to handle and file papers or operate assigned equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and
ability to adjust focus. Employee may also have to lift 10 to 25
Conditions of Employment:
- Annual TB federally required drug screening, and Influenza
vaccination or compliance with policy and procedure.
- Required possession of a valid state driver's license.
- Successful candidate must submit to and pass, post-offer drug
screen.In accordance with the COVID-19 Health Care Staff
Vaccination rule from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services,
all Solvista Health employees must be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 to safeguard the health of our patients and
Keywords: Solvista Health, Colorado Springs , Co-Response Navigator, Other , Canon City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!