Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview: An Equipment Operator, for the purposes of this
position, is defined as a person with the skill, experience, and
certifications necessary to operate various equipment in the
support of concrete crews. Examples of typical equipment operated
will be a skid steer, backhoe, mini-excavator, loader, trencher,
etc. Primary Responsibilities:
- Operate the aforementioned equipment as needed in support of
concrete crew activities across the Front Range on various Federal
installations and facilities.
- Will be expected to assist crews to the extent possible when
there is machine downtime.
- Experience with fine grade, compaction, concrete demolition,
- Experience in the survey, lay-out, measuring, planning and
execution of work activities a plus.
- Experience in maintenance and upkeep of equipment a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisory
responsibilities associated with this position. Education and/or
- A High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Construction experience preferred. Knowledge, Skills, and
- Driving may be necessary.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude towards work and the
- Ability to operate skid steer, backhoe, mini-excavator, loader,
trencher, etc. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid
Driver's License preferred. Security Clearance: N/A Physical
Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is required to be able to stand, walk, sit, kneel, use
hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
operate vehicles and some equipment, reach with hands and arms;
climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds for
50 feet. Job requires the ability to perform tasks on all areas and
aspect of a construction project. Must be able to climb ladders for
heights up to 60 feet and crawl for distances of 50 feet. Work
Environment: Work is regularly performed outdoors in all types of
weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, extreme winds, or
ice storms. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, hot and cold,
as part of environmental factors. Work may be performed near moving
mechanical parts and/or vibration. May be required to work in areas
where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or
airborne particles or electrical shock hazards. Pay Range : $20-30/
Keywords: Olgoonik, Colorado Springs , Equipment Operator, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!