Security Specialist, II
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: September 23, 2022
OverviewResponsible for providing enterprise-wide Security
Specialist functions as part of the Vectrus Security team. Assists
with the management, administration and coordination of DOD or
other industrial security program and other security activities to
ensure compliance with government and company security policies and
procedures. Works on assignments that range from simple to complex
in nature. Initiative and sound judgement are required in
performance of tasks performed under this function.
ResponsibilitiesThis position description is subject to change at
any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or
- Use of security databases, such as, DISS, SIMS, and G2.
Familiarization with DoD guidance, NISPOM, Security Classification
Guides (SCGs), DD254s, and additional access caveats, such as SAP,
SCI, CNWDI, RD, FRD, and NATO.
- Assist with documenting and submitting security incidents to
appropriate government agencies.
- Develop and manage annual security refresher, insider threat
and information security training to include preparing necessary
documentation in support of government agency security
- Develop and maintain effective Document Inventory and Control
Program for management of classified systems, media and documents.
Maintain all security documentation and files in accordance with
- Conduct SCI, SAP, and DoD processing of personnel security
applications for perspective candidates and employees. Determine
whether subjects of investigation can be granted reciprocity by a
completed investigation from another agency.
- Advise personnel of their reporting requirements, both
personal/administrative and compliance/incident-related reports.
Handle sensitive inquires made by internal and external customers
- Assist with annual self-inspection and review of security
processes to ensure compliance with government requirements.
- Provide physical security inspections of all spaces that
process and store classified information, warehouses, plant rooms,
and any other room or facility to perform mission or support
- Work with applicants and points of contact (Security, HR,
Program) on candidate issues.
- Assists managers with the policies, instructions, procedures,
control systems and methods for such activities and functions as
safeguarding and use; personnel access controls; need to know
criteria; physical storage and control; and transmitting,
transferring, reproducing, emergency protection and removal,
destroying of classified information.
- Receive notification from U.S. Government regarding background
investigation matters and refer such information to appropriate
- Perform security functions to include updating and maintaining
personnel security databases/repositories and creating employee
- Respond to telephone or written inquiries on complex matters,
pending questions, and status requests.
- Follow-up on correspondence from both internal and external
customers requiring review, approval and /or response.
- Provide physical security guidance and support to Government
for all construction projects to any facilities.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and other materials which
involve the use of Microsoft Office. Assist with routine and
non-routine administrative requirements on project/program related
- Protects against security vulnerabilities that will exist
during the development processes as well as those that will require
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Perform other clerical support such as photocopying, faxing,
material assembly, filing documents, etc. QualificationsMinimum
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Active Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain and
maintain a Top Secret clearance after hire
- Must have a working knowledge of the Defense Information System
for Security (DISS)
- Must have a working knowledge of the Security Information
Management System (SIMS)
- Must have a working knowledge of DoD Personnel Security
procedures including but not limited to Authorization for Smart
Card Login Access (ASCL), Trusted Associate Sponsorship System
(TASS), and Synchronized Pre-deployment Operational Tracker
- Must have a working knowledge of the Army Sustainment Command
(ASC) G2 database Experience:
- 2 years of security operations
- 2 years of DoD Personnel Security (PERSEC) / Industrial
Security field experience.
- 2 years of experience supporting SCI and SAP programs (highly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Superior data entry skills. Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life, AD&D, Short Term
Disability, Long Term Disability, and other ancillary plans. Time
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays, Bereavement, and Jury Duty We
are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and
supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment
along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and
Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage
innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace.
Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status or status as an individual with a
Keywords: Vectrus, Colorado Springs , Security Specialist, II, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!