Laborer - General
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Overview: Perform general labor duties in support of various
projects. Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide general labor support as the project requires.
- Jobsite cleanup, trash haul, and manual material handling
involving heavy lifting of construction materials.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools as needed.
- Set up and maintain job site safety equipment and fire
extinguishers as required.
- Other related duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities:
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this
position. Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- 6 months commercial construction experience required.
- Experience working in safety equipment preferred (fall
protection, eye protection, hearing protection, insect protection,
- Experience using power tools preferred. Knowledge, Skills, and
- Knowledge of construction materials.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal
and written instructions.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and the ability to work as
a member of a team.
- Ability to pass a Basic Federal Government Background check.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current Driver's License
preferred, but not required. Security Clearance: N/A Physical
Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the
employee is required to be able to stand, walk, sit, kneel, use
hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
operate vehicles and some equipment, reach with hands and arms;
climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift 50 lbs. Job requires the
ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspect of a construction
project. Must be able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet
and crawl for distances of 50 feet. Work Environment: Work is
regularly performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions,
including snow, rain, sleet, extreme winds, or ice storms. May be
exposed to extreme temperatures, hot and cold, as part of
environmental factors. Work may be performed near moving mechanical
parts and/or vibration. May be required to work in areas where high
noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne
particles or electrical shock hazards. Pay Range- $18-24
Keywords: Olgoonik, Colorado Springs , Laborer - General, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!