Space Ground Facility Sustainment Specialist (Senior)
Company: Modern Technology Solutions, Inc.
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Position Overview :
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a Space
Ground Facility Sustainment Specialist (Senior) to support the
Narrowband Satellite Communications (NBSC) program at Space Systems
Command (SSC). This professional will provide support for ground
facility and infrastructure maintenance for the Mobile User
Objective System (MUOS). MUOS is a United States Space Force (USSF)
narrowband military communications satellite system that supports a
worldwide, multi-service population of users in the ultra-high
frequency (UHF) band. The MUOS ground system includes feeder links,
antennas, terminals, radio access facilities, switching facilities,
terrestrial network connectivity, and other
At MTSI, our more than 1,400+ co-owners recognize the high demand
for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have
many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture
matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are
investing in our company s future!
MTSI s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration,
Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and
Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise
includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle
survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations,
intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years
of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the
highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of
the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start
accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate
vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee
focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and
an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan
For additional company information, please visit:
As a Space Ground Facility Sustainment Specialist (Senior) with
MTSI you will provide support to the Narrowband Satellite
Communications (NBSC) program at Space Systems Command (SSC). This
professional will provide support for ground facility and
infrastructure maintenance for the Mobile User Objective System
(MUOS). MUOS is a United States Space Force (USSF) narrowband
military communications satellite system that supports a worldwide,
multi-service population of users in the ultra-high frequency (UHF)
band. The MUOS ground system includes feeder links, antennas,
terminals, radio access facilities, switching facilities,
terrestrial network connectivity, and other
facilities/infrastructure. In this position, you will provide
Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to SSC for procurement
of additional satellites, ground systems and follow-on capability
to the MUOS program. A successful candidate should be a leader and
problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior results as
part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited
- Works high-visibility, mission critical aspects of programs and
performs all functional duties independently- oversees and
responsible for efforts of subordinates.
- Provide system engineering reports for facility management
including site surveys, site preparation, and on-site support
during vendor installation and site verification.
- Participate in TIMs, IPTs, and other meetings and discussions
relating to site engineering maintenance and sustainment support,
deliverable reviews, and risk assessments.
- Manage ground segment installation and maintenance schedules
with sufficient detail to track progress, deconflict tasks, and
- Conduct systems / system of systems architecture design,
testing, implementation, integration, review, and certification
- Conduct data analyses, interpret, and summarize results.
- Conduct technical requirements definition / allocation.
- Develop technical documentation, to include test plans and
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical
accuracy-oral and written. Qualifications
- Minimum ten (10) years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work
experience on SATCOM.
- Experience supporting installation activities for space ground
- Experience with development of Configuration Control Board
(CCB) packages, and other document needed to support hardware and
software installation due to obsolescence and system
- Experience creating, editing, and reviewing technical materials
for Department of Defense (DoD), Navy acquisition program, or
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedules, and risk
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work
Statements (PWS). Desired skills:
- Relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience in
- Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to Government
- Experience developing and editing Extensible Markup Language
(XML) technical documents and/or Sharable Content Object Reference
Model (SCORM) compliant training documentation.
- Experience applying regulations and policies affecting
publishing of Navy publications; practices, and standards (i.e.,
Naval Education and Training (NAVEDTRA) Series, MILSTD-29612
Series, and Advanced Distributive Learning (ADL) initiatives).
- Experience with space and/or multi-domain warfighter
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs.
- Experience in Space Systems Command (SSC) acquisition.
- Fluency with Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR)
organizations. Education Requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science (BA/BS) degree from an
accredited college or university. Location/Travel Requirements:
- Primary looking for candidates to be in the vicinity of San
Diego, CA, but open to discussing other location such as LA and COS
with travel when required.
- You will be required to travel up to 25% of time within the
continental United States. Clearance Requirements:
- Candidate must maintain a TS/SCI clearance as a condition of
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Keywords: Modern Technology Solutions, Inc., Colorado Springs , Space Ground Facility Sustainment Specialist (Senior), Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!