Sentinel (GBSD) Systems Engineer - OPSCON 3867-1
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 6, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the
boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and
cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start
contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing
real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take
pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to
grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With
our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right
opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today. Embark
on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and
ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities
waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration,
national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple
programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of
curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible
from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect
millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future.
Explore your future and launch your career today. Northrop Grumman
Space Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer - OPSCON. This position
will be located in Colorado Springs, CO or Huntsville, AL and will
support Sentinel (Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD)) program.
This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What you'll get to do: The selected candidate will support the
development of the C&L Operations Concept (OPSCON) and related
products including Use Cases, MBSE architecture diagrams, and
related technical artifacts. The OPSCON SE will:
- Take ownership of OPSCON products and lead their development,
review, and maintenance across C&L Element teams, GBSD teams,
and with the customer.
- Research and understand technical and non-technical aspects
driving the development of system functionality and seek innovative
solutions to meeting those needs.
- Maintain technical cognizance of C&L interdependencies and
the impact of the OPSCON and related products across the
- Support other teams across C&L and GBSD to mature and
realize related OPSCON and use case products.
- Identify gaps in architecture or design that prevent the
realization of the OPSCON and engage the appropriate teams to drive
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with
teammates and program leaders to achieve OPSCON objectives.
- Seek and incorporate critical feedback of OPSCON products from
SMEs and technical leaders across the program to support the
development and approval of these products. As a full-time employee
of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust
benefits package including: Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80A. The 9/80
schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through
Thursday to take every other Friday off. You'll bring these
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a STEM related technical
- A minimum 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor's
degree; 0 years with a Master's
- U.S. Citizenship with ability to obtain DoD Security Clearance
and maintain specific program access
- Experience in Aerospace and/or System Engineering
- Candidate must have experience developing and incorporating
System Use Cases into Systems Engineering design process
- Problem resolution and improvement recommendations
- Able to occasional travel to Northrop Grumman and Government
locations within the United States These qualifications would be
nice to have:
- Systems Engineering experience and understanding of the systems
- Active DoD Security Clearance
- Experience with C2 systems
- Experience developing OPSCONS or CONOPS and Use Cases.
- Experience in the military aerospace development environment is
- Experience with weapon systems
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience with Agile Development #GBSDsystems Salary Range:
$74,900 USD - $112,300 USD Employees may be eligible for a
discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are
designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Sentinel (GBSD) Systems Engineer - OPSCON 3867-1, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!