Sr. Principal System Engineer - System Integration (22-319)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 5, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Launch and Missile Defense
Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Sr. Principal
System Engineer - System Integration to join our team of qualified,
diverse individuals. This position will be located out of Schriever
Space Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.Position Overview:
- Integrate C2BMC software into the C2BMC test suites at the
MDIOC, primarily Virtual servers; develop site and event specific
configurations to support test, war games, and exercise events.
Operate and troubleshoot C2BMC systems during test events.Essential
- Work with external National Team (CLAW) personnel to resolve
test lab issues.
- Work with C2BMC Operations and Sustainment personnel to resolve
installation and processing issues.
- Create and modify scripts to extract specific information from
- Perform data analysis of input, internal, and output message
- Trouble shoot both test and operational issues. document test
results and prepare test status documentation.
- Author Spiral and build-level test plan documents and
- Create Test Discrepancy Reports to document issues.
- Assist software development personnel with the investigation
and resolution of issues.
- Develop troubleshooting procedures and work-around
- Develop and execute detailed test plans and procedures to test
C2BMC in an integrated environment or to test specific
- Plan and lead integration C2BMC tests with external elements
- Review and provide feedback of system specifications,
development, test, network documents as necessary.
- Attend meetings with other C2BMC FAs, customers, etc. and
represent the Integration team.
- Position is based in Colorado Springs at the MDIOC but
sometimes multi-week travel to customer sites (e.g. EUCOM, CENTCOM)
and contractor sites (e.g. Huntsville, HWY83) may be required.
Ability to travel is a requirement.Basic Qualifications:If
applicable, please note your updated security clearance and
IAT/relevant certifications on your resume.
- An active Secret clearance is required.
- 9 Years with Bachelor's degree in a related field; 7 years'
experience with a Master's degree.
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher
(Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- Experience with Systems Integration and System/Software
Testing, including virtualized environments.
- Experience in the integration of system components within an
integrated test environment.
- Working knowledge of system design and overall integration into
an operational environment.
- High proficiency with VMware, virtual servers, UNIX, including
- Detailed knowledge of Windows and Unix environments; working
knowledge in test plan/procedure preparation and test
- Candidate must be able to cooperatively develop integration
plans/procedures from sources such as functional/performance
requirements and stated technical capabilities, monitor the
integration of the test resources, execute these detailed
integration procedures, analyze integration results, and present
the results orally and in written format.
- Candidate should have experience in troubleshooting of small to
large scale infrastructure.Preferred Qualifications:
- Top Secret clearance desired.
- Ideal candidate should have either knowledge of or practical
experience with industry or DoD test methodologies and
- Experience with operational systems (e.g. Aegis, Patriot),
development systems (e.g. GMD, THAAD, Aegis), and off-the-shelf
statistical analysis packages a plus.What We Can Offer You:Northrop
Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work
environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual
success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits
give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that
make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will
include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
NGSpaceCOSpaceNGFeaturedJobsC2BMCAdditional Northrop Grumman
Information:" Salary Range: $103,900 USD - $155,900 USD Employees
may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay.
Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as
well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in
Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Sr. Principal System Engineer - System Integration (22-319), Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!