Staff Systems Engineer - Test Lead (22-280)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 5, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Launch and Missile Defense
Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Staff Systems
Engineer - Test Lead to join our team of qualified, diverse
individuals. This position will be located out of Schriever Space
Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.Position Overview:Supports
transitioning the System Test product team into a new
organizational structure to optimize integration and test focus and
prepare for future C2BMC contract award. Responsible for product
and functional ownership for the System Test product team.Essential
- Develops and maintains the System Test product backlog in
coordination with the customer, other program Product Owners and
Engineering Support Agile Release Train Leadership.
- Coordinates System Test activities from within C2BMC teams and
external organizations including lab resource allocation and
participating in system test planning meetings with external system
- Develops feature level acceptance criteria and ensure that work
products meet those criteria.
- Completes agile planning of iterations and sprints as well as
maintaining the product vision and roadmap for future
- Delivers customer and program briefs on Integration and Test
products status and vision.
- Works with the cost account manager to ensure the team is
performing within budget and schedule.
- Owns and maintainer of test processes with a goal of
implementing a full DevSecOps approach aligned with the
- Sustains customer relationships through daily standups and
weekly reporting.Basic Qualifications:If applicable, please note
your updated security clearance and IAT/relevant certifications on
- An active Secret clearance is required.
- 14 Years with Bachelor's degree in a related field; 12 years'
experience with a Master's degree.
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher
(Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- The candidate must have proven integration and test experience
on large scale DoD or Missile Defense Agency systems.
- The candidate must have an understanding of Command and Control
concepts and experience integrating and testing with other external
- The candidate must understand Scaled Agile Framework and
DevSecOps product development processes.
- The candidate must have experience developing, maintaining, and
grooming a backlog epics, features, and stories and setting team
priorities in line with C2BMC program needs and requirements.
- The candidate must have experience working proposal responses,
developing basis of estimates, and developing and preparing
proposal artifacts for delivery.
- Proven integration and test experience.
- Knowledge of modern test tools and processes.Preferred
- Understands Command and Control concepts for large scale
- Ability to deliver software products in a Scaled Agile
Framework and/or DevSecOps environment.
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationship
- Ability to lead technical teams and mentoring/guiding the work
of more junior engineers.
- Experience with proposal preparation as a response to customer
RFPs, Engineering Changes and Task Instructions to include
generating BOE and then negations to the content which result in
the program baseline.
- Working or theoretical knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense
concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control (BM/C2)
systems, defense communications systems, and the BMDS in
- Ability to manage a portfolio of products. Experience with
Earned Value Management.What We Can Offer You:Northrop Grumman
provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment
that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our
people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the
flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most
sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
NGSpaceCOSpaceNGFeaturedJobsC2BMCAdditional Northrop Grumman
Information:" Salary Range: $141,800 USD - $212,800 USD Employees
may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay.
Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as
well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in
Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Staff Systems Engineer - Test Lead (22-280), Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!