Provider - Inpatient (46871)
Company: AspenPointe, Inc.
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job Summary: Serves as a leader on a multidisciplinary treatment
team that provides adult inpatient psychiatric care for patients in
acute mental health crisis. Performs psychiatric evaluations and
diagnostic assessments. Develops treatment plan in collaboration
with the patient, that includes recommendation of psychotropic
treatment options. Essential Functions: * Serves as an admission
provider 8am-5pm Monday-Friday.
* Performs a psychiatric and medical assessment within 24 hours of
admission to determine diagnoses, treatment strategies, and care
coordination needs for adult patients in the inpatient
* Daily evaluation/coordination of current treatment plan with
treatment team and adjusting as needed.
* Completes medication/health education to include but not limited
to informed consent, benefits, risks, side effects, and alternative
treatments for medications ordered, health/wellness management,
metabolic risk reduction strategies.
* Completes involuntary holds and court ordered medication in
collaboration with a physician. Assures patients are managed in the
least restrictive environment.
* Performs timely, concurrent, accurate clinical/billing
documentation meeting professional standards in compliance with
State and Federal regulations. Documentation and billing coding for
all services fully support clinical necessity and appropriate E & M
* Coordination of care with outside entities and family as needed
for collateral and discharge planning if unable to be addressed by
other members of the treatment team.
* Consults and collaborates complex cases to Supervising
physician/Secondary supervising physician as clinically
* Participates in orienting Diversus Health Staff to the acute
* Participates in precepting students from the community.
* Completes peer to peer reviews with insurance companies on
patients when necessary.
* Schedule will include 8-hour shifts Monday-Friday with one
weekend a month coverage to include rounding and call. Additional
compensation is provided for weekend coverage.
* Will provide rotating holiday coverage (rounding and call) in
coordination with the other ATU provider. This includes working one
major holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's). The
environment at Diversus Health is fluid. Roles and responsibilities
may be altered to accommodate changing business conditions and
objectives. Employees may be asked to perform duties that are
outside of the specific work that is listed. This position may
require you to work standard hours, as well as flexible hours
before and after standard hours, and overtime in excess of 40 hours
in a work week. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: * Licensed APRN/PA-C
with prescriptive authority in good standing and with no
restrictions in the state of Colorado.
* Current X Waiver or ability to obtain within 6 months of
* Ability to perform a psychiatric assessment, physical
examination, and treatment of populations served.
* Knowledge of theoretical and pharmacological issues related to
clinical treatment of common psychiatric disorders.
* Must have sufficient language skills and be able to communicate
both verbally and in writing to patients.
* Must possess basic computers kills and type 25+ w.p.m. for the
input and output of patient information using electronic
* Embodies a commitment to: Passion: a commitment to being present
in the moment to create excitement and allow individuals to utilize
their passion in daily functions. Help individuals connect their
daily responsibilities with Diversus Health's larger mission. *
Humility: Level setting with all parties and advocates for all
voices within Diversus Health.
* Corporate Citizenship: continued commitment to behave ethically
and contribute to economic development while improving the quality
of life of our workforce and their families, as well as of the
local community and society at large.
* Value in diversity: ability to recognize the value in differing
perspectives, culture, etc., and leveraging those diverse
components to develop experiences aligned with our internal and
external communities. Innovation: thinking differently than the
status quo to explore opportunities that provide a competitive
advantage. * FUN: Contribute to, and be part of, an environment
where individuals feel joy, comfort and connected to the
organization's larger initiatives, while simultaneously
experiencing a sense of cultural acceptance and belonging.
* Integration: cross functional implementation of theory,
principles, and best practices from across the behavioral health
industry in order to improve execution of strategies and deliver
high quality experiences. Excellence: unwavering commitment to work
that reflects the standard our colleagues and persons expect and
deserve. * Transparency: communication, steward of resources, and
the mistakes one makes (Fail/Fail Fast/Fail Fast Forward), while
giving credit where it is due.
* Safety: speaks to interconnectedness of all facets (departments
and personnel) of the organization Diversus Health does not
discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40
and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information,
military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by
state or local law.
Keywords: AspenPointe, Inc., Colorado Springs , Provider - Inpatient (46871), Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!