SATCOM International Trade Specialist (Senior)
Company: Modern Technology Solutions, Inc.
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Position Overview :
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a senior
SATCOM International Trade Specialist professional to support
international engagements for the Narrowband Satellite
Communications (NBSC) program. International engagements may
include Direct Commercial Sales (DCS), Foreign Military Sales (FMS)
and Cooperative Development of the Mobile User Objective System
(MUOS) space and ground system. MUOS is a United States Space Force
(USSF) narrowband military communications satellite system that
supports a worldwide, multi-service population of users in the
ultra-high frequency (UHF) band.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400+ co-owners recognize the high demand
for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have
many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture
matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are
investing in our company s future!
MTSI s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration,
Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and
Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise
includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle
survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations,
intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years
of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the
highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of
the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start
accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate
vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee
focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and
an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan
For additional company information, please visit:
As a senior SATCOM International Trade Specialist with MTSI you
will provide support for international engagements for the
Narrowband Satellite Communications (NBSC) program. International
engagements may include Direct Commercial Sales (DCS), Foreign
Military Sales (FMS) and Cooperative Development of the Mobile User
Objective System (MUOS) space and ground system. MUOS is a United
States Space Force (USSF) narrowband military communications
satellite system that supports a worldwide, multi-service
population of users in the ultra-high frequency (UHF) band. In this
position, you will provide Advisory and Assistance Service
(A&AS) to Space Systems Command (SSC) for procurement of
additional satellites, ground systems and follow-on capability to
the MUOS program. A successful candidate should be a leader and
problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior results as
part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited
- Works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given
program and performs all functional duties identified above
- May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be
responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific
- Support international engagements for the NBSC programs.
- Conduct systems / system of systems architecture design,
testing, implementation, integration, review, and certification
- Conduct data analyses, interpret, and summarize results.
- Conduct technical requirements definition / allocation.
- Develop technical documentation, to include test plans and
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical
accuracy-oral and written. Qualifications
- Minimum ten (10) years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work
experience on SATCOM.
- Knowledge of engineering and logistics impacts potential
- Experience creating, editing, and reviewing technical materials
for Department of Defense (DoD), Navy acquisition program, or
- Knowledge of government regulations including the Arms Export
Control Act (ACEA), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR), Export Administration Act (EAA), and Export Administration
- Prepare briefs and documentation supporting international
engagements for NBSC programs.
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work
Statements (PWS). Desired skills:
- Relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience in
- Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to Government
- Experience developing and editing Extensible Markup Language
(XML) technical documents and/or Sharable Content Object Reference
Model (SCORM) compliant training documentation.
- Experience applying regulations and policies affecting
publishing of Navy publications; practices, and standards (i.e.,
Naval Education and Training (NAVEDTRA) Series, MILSTD-29612
Series, and Advanced Distributive Learning (ADL) initiatives).
- Understanding of space operational environment and
corresponding mission user needs.
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs.
- Experience in Space Systems Command (SSC) acquisition.
- Fluency with Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR)
organizations. Education Requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science (BA/BS) degree from an
accredited college or university. Location/Travel Requirements:
- Primary looking for candidates to be in the vicinity of San
Diego, CA, but open to discussing other location such as LA and COS
with travel when required.
- You will be required to travel up to 25% of time within the
continental United States. Clearance Requirements:
- Candidate must have active TOP SECRET clearance with SCI
eligibility as a condition of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Keywords: Modern Technology Solutions, Inc., Colorado Springs , SATCOM International Trade Specialist (Senior), Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!