Data Scientist Signal Processing Experience
Company: Iontra LLC
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Salary: $115 -$120K with Stock Options
LOCAL Candidates Only or willing to relocate to Denver
Authorized to work in the U.S
Iontra is a rapidly growing tech company focused on developing
significant battery improvement and enabling technologies. Iontra's
team comprises veteran technology and business builders, engineers,
and scientists from various corners of the cleantech community,
including NASA/Caltech, UC. Berkeley, Nilar, SAE, Clean Tech Open,
and the executive management team that developed and launched the
highly successful Proterra electric bus and charging infrastructure
company. This is a full-time, hands-on role in a fast-paced startup
You will love this job if you . . .
- Are driven to be part of a team doing big things to help our
- Aspire to work with a successful veteran startup management
- Are a self-starter and always find ways to get your work done and
help the team members too
- Are an organized, detail-oriented person and are very good at
- Are determined and resilient to keep things moving forward at a
- Are assertive and able to influence and partner with the team to
get things done
- Enjoy new challenges and change
The research and development team at Iontra is seeking a data
scientist with a background in signal processing to build
supervised and unsupervised machine learning models to be
implemented in Iontra's charging algorithms. Youll be working
alongside electrochemists, data scientists, and software engineers
to help define, build, and deploy production models. This role is a
great opportunity to work in a research-oriented role and build
models that have an impact both inside and outside Iontra.
- Work collaboratively with research scientists and other data
scientists on supervised and unsupervised models related to cutting
edge battery charging technology.
- Utilize advanced signal processing techniques, such as signal
deconvolution, to aid in exploratory data analysis, feature
engineering, and model development.
- Research state of the art techniques, new machine learning
models, and statistical methods for achieving project goals.
- Create and maintain data collection and processing pipelines.
- Build dashboards to summarize results, monitor predictions, and
display visualizations related to production models.
- Communicate findings and actionable insights to technical and
non-technical team members through reports and visualizations.
- Work alongside data engineering to help define tooling,
infrastructure, and best practices for dev/test/prod ML
- Mentor other members of the ML group in your technical area of
- Bachelor's or master's degree in an engineering or scientific
field (engineering, mathematics, physics, chemistry, or related)
and 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong demonstrable competence in Python is required. Candidate
must be comfortable writing python scripts independently and using
common quantitative and machine learning packages (numpy, pandas,
- Strong demonstrable competence in SQL and data querying required.
The candidate must be comfortable independently performing basic
queries and, at a minimum, read and understand more complex query
scripts. Knowledge of database theory, design, and management is a
- At least theoretical and mathematical understanding of signal
processing, including filters, transforms, and convolutions
- Strong Experience using deep learning frameworks, such as
TensorFlow, PyTorch, MX Net, etc
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to
work autonomously on open-ended projects, define project goals and
timelines, and communicate with stakeholders
- Familiarity with AWS (Amazon Web Services) services, including
Sagemaker, Lambda, Athena, and Quicksight
- Experience software engineering best practices, including version
control (git), testing, and documentation of production code
- Experience navigating Linux based systems and docker is a
Keywords: Iontra LLC, Colorado Springs , Data Scientist Signal Processing Experience, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!