System Test Lead
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications
program (C2BMC) is looking for a System Test Lead to support our
System Test organization and continue optimizing it in the overall
integration and test umbrella.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Support transitioning the System Test product team into a new
organizational structure to optimize integration and test focus and
prepare for future C2BMC contract award.
- Responsible for product and functional ownership for the System
Test product team.
- Develop and maintain the System Test product backlog in
coordination with the customer, other program Product Owners and
Engineering Support Agile Release Train Leadership.
- Coordinate System Test activities from within C2BMC teams and
external organizations including lab resource allocation and
participating in system test planning meetings with external system
- Develop feature level acceptance criteria and ensure that work
products meet those criteria.
- Completing agile planning of iterations and sprints as well as
maintaining the product vision and roadmap for future
- Deliver customer and program briefs on Integration and Test
products status and vision.
- Work with the cost account manager to ensure the team is
performing within budget and schedule.
- Own and maintain test processes with a goal of implementing a
full DevSecOps approach aligned with the program.
- Sustain customer relationships through daily standups and
- Be involved in associated capture and proposal activities
- A Northrop team of individual contributor direct reports.Basic
- An active Secret clearance is required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, physics,
engineering or related field from an accredited college, with 15
years of professional experience; or 12 years of professional
experience with a related Master's degree.
- Proven integration and test experience on large scale DoD or
Missile Defense Agency systems.
- Understand Scaled Agile Framework and DevSecOps product
- Have experience working proposal responses, developing basis of
estimates, and developing and preparing proposal artifacts for
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationship
- Ability to lead technical teams and mentoring/guiding the work
of more junior engineers.
- Experience with proposal preparation as a response to customer
RFPs, Engineering Changes and Task Instructions to include
generating BOE and then negations to the content which result in
the program baselinePreferred Qualifications:
- An understanding of Command and Control concepts and experience
integrating and testing with other external systems.
- Have experience developing, maintaining, and grooming a backlog
epics, features, and stories and setting team priorities in line
with C2BMC program needs and requirements.
- Working or theoretical knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense
concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control (BM/C2)
systems, defense communications systems, and the BMDS in
- Ability to manage a portfolio of products. Experience with
Earned Value Management Salary Range: $130,500 USD - $195,700
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , System Test Lead, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!