COUNSELOR, HIGH SCHOOL
Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Location: Canon City
Posted on: November 18, 2021
New Opening at Southern Peaks Regional Treatment Centers'
Phoenix Academy, a alternative school in Canon City, Colorado is
seeking an experienced full-time school counselor to work with
students in grades 6-12. The ideal applicant for this position will
have a master's or doctorate degree in Counseling, Psychology, or
Social Work with current licensure in Colorado and substantial
practical experience as a teacher or counselor at the middle school
and/or high school level. We are looking for candidates with a
strong understanding of child and adolescent development, and an
appreciation of the various challenges faced by students in middle
school and in high school. In addition, we seek someone who
believes in the critical importance of diversity in the life of a
school and with experience both speaking to groups on topics
related to issues of health & wellness in adolescence and writing
and implementing curricula that support students in their
social/emotional growth. This position requires an individual with
energy, flexibility, enthusiasm, calm, and a sense of humor.
Minimum Requirements:The following educational requirements are
acceptable for this classification including: School Counselor
(ages 0-21) - 7.09 (PDF) Pathway 1 (initial or professional SSP
- Master's or higher degree in School Counseling as defined by
accreditation by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling for
Related Educational Programs (view information about CACREP
- Minimum of 100 clock-hour practicum
- Minimum of 600 clock-hour internship, with multiple grade
levels of students under the supervision of a licensed school
- Passage of the Colorado state approved content examPathway 2
(interim authorization/school counselor) :
- Master's or higher degree in a clinical counseling domain
(e.g., mental health, etc.) or social work
- A valid counseling (LPC) or social work (LSW, LCSW) license
issued by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies
- Three or more years' full-time, fully licensed experience as a
LPC-, LSW- or LCSW-licensed clinical counselor or social worker
When issued, this interim authorization will be valid for one
calendar year and may not be renewed. During that time, the
authorized school counselor must fulfill the following
- Complete an approved induction program for SSPs/school
- Pass the PRAXIS 5421 exam Upon expiration of the interim
license and fulfillment of the exam and induction requirements, the
authorization-holder may apply for a professional SSP license with
a school counselor endorsement. Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (State and FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee's state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Sixteen (16) days Paid Time Off per fiscal year (pro-rated in
- Nine (9) Paid Holidays Per Year
- Employee Assistance ProgramEqual Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Colorado Springs , COUNSELOR, HIGH SCHOOL, Other , Canon City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!