Licensed Counselor On-Call
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: October 10, 2021
The primary responsibility of the MFLC program is to
provide a full scope of Adult Behavioral Health services to
military service members and their families throughout the U.S. and
at select installations in Europe and Asia.
MFLC Adult counselors provide non-medical counseling
services to military service members and their families.
Non-medical counseling is supportive in nature and addresses:
living conditions; life skills; improving relationships at home and
at work; stress management; adjustment issues, such as those
related to returning from deployment; marital problems; parenting,
fear, grief and loss.
Counseling modalities consist of individual, family,
couples and groups. MFLC may be based out of an installation’s
family center, a National Guard and Reserve Joint Force HQ or other
facilities and will provide proactive outreach to service members
and their families via walk-around counseling.
This posting is for our Mission Ready Reserve, or
On-Call Counselors. We are seeking Counselors with the
flexibility to pick up shifts both locally and possibly to travel
for surge coverage as well. These roles would be as-needed and the
duration of the work will vary from 1 day to 90 Days in
- Provides face-to-face non-medical counseling to military
service members and their families.
- Makes appropriate referrals and handoffs to military and
community resources according to the needs of military service
members and their families.
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education
programs and materials.
- Advises on new or revised presentations by military
leadership, when requested.
- Provides tracking of services performed and referrals
made using the appropriate reporting system.
- Communicates information regarding trends and issues at
assigned installation to supervisors.
- Participates in regular in-service training, quality
improvement committees, or other contract activities as
- May participate in surge and on demand events.
- A Master’s degree in the Behavioral Health Professions
- Minimum 5 years of post-master’s supervised clinical
- *Licensure to practice at the independent practice level (LCSW,
LMFT, LPC LCPC, LMHC)
- Per Government Contract U.S. citizenship is required
- Must be able to obtain NACI clearance
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong
familiarity with the military culture
- Bilingual capabilities
Pay Range - -
Keywords: Leidos, Colorado Springs , Licensed Counselor On-Call, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!