Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) provides general emergency
care to patients including initial examination upon in-take and
responding to day-to-day medical issues with patient patients and
responding to medical emergencies
- Requires successful completion of an Emergency Medical
Technician or Paramedic course
- Prior experience in a correctional or jail setting
- Requires unrestricted current certification or registration in
state of practice
- Provides rapid response to apparent medical emergencies
throughout the correctional facility.
- Must be proficient in CPR and recognizing needs to use this
- Must be competent in handling emergencies utilizing basic life
- Assesses and identifies health problems of new patients and
develops medical record.
- Administers prescribed treatment and medication to patient
patients as needed and medically required, and within licensing
- Documents all prescription drug use for patient patients
according to established drug recordkeeping practices.
- Prepares equipment and assists physician and/or physician
extender during examination and treatment. Sterilizes and maintains
equipment so it is ready for the next use.
- Documents medical history and treatment of patient patients,
using standard medical record procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of health records and
protected health information (PHI) in compliance with HIPAA
- Is aware of emergency procedures in the event of emergency or
crisis situations and the appropriate plan of action governed by
triage and written guidelines.
- Willing to assist coworkers in job duties and work overtime if
required. May act as a resource to other coworkers.
- Provides clear and concise communication (written and verbal)
to coworkers, supervisors, jail administration and patients.
- Provide/participate in monthly continuing education meetings
within the correctional facility.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Colorado Springs , EMT, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!