Satellite System Payload Operator IRES - SAFB
Company: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Description of Duties:
The Satellite System Payload Operator supports the Missile
Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for
Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Provide technical ability in the area of telemetry, tracking,
and commanding (TT&C) and ground system control.
- Analyze and optimize system software and test for appropriate
commanding, tracking and telemetry monitoring capability.
- Command and execute promoted tasking schedules and will monitor
all ground status as required, report system status to the Crew
Commander and provide technical recommendations for system issues
and anomaly response.
- Work across internal and external organizations to ensure
appropriate information is available for implementation of
- Support system upgrades and testing events to identify
appropriate dependencies, risks and impacts to the operational
- Support daily on-console operations - Perform ground system and
payload performance monitoring, payload operations and operational
procedure definition, refinement, and execution.
- Support occasional overnight shift work/support of major test
events, as necessary.
- Perform system checkout after system upgrades and/or system
- Ensure system resources are available to support all mission
operations, training and maintenance activities.
- Write standard operation procedures and startup scripts to
configure the system, as needed, for various operational
- Execute daily pass plan and mission schedule activities -
Assist System Engineering team with documentation support for
contract deliverables and system upgrades.
- Support planning functions in support of space operations.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to support mission unique tool design and
- Have excellent technical communication skills (written and
This position will be filled at Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs,
This position is expected to pay $55,800 - $89,250 annually;
depending on experience, education, and any certifications that are
directly related to the position.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a
candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to
be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is
Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with
application in order to be considered for the position. The
selected candidate will be assigned as an employee for Jacobs or
one our teammate companies.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in
you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your
well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered
include flexible work schedules and opportunities to work remotely,
educational reimbursement, retirement benefits (401K match),
employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, tax saving options,
disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary
benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
Must have one of the following combinations of education and
experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 1 year of general experience;
Associate's degree, or higher, and 0 years of general
- Must have at least 2 years of directly related experience in
Satellite System Payload and Command and Control operations
- Must have an active DOD Secret Security Clearance
Keywords: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Colorado Springs , Satellite System Payload Operator IRES - SAFB, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!