Adjunct Instructor - Engineering - CTU Colorado Springs
Company: Perdoceo Education Corporation
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Consistent with and supportive of CTU's mission (to provide
industry-relevant higher education to a diverse student population
through innovative technology and experienced faculty, enabling the
pursuit of personal and professional goals), Adjunct Faculty
members provide quality and innovative instruction and meaningful
engagement with our students to successfully achieve the relevant
course, program, and degree level outcomes and support their
- Prepare relevant, insightful, and engaging instructional
materials and utilize existing course materials that support
learning by CTU's student population.
- Provide instruction in assigned courses (including applicable
laboratory or work that is integral to the courses) that aligns
with CTU's curricula and outcomes, instructional modalities, course
technologies, and faculty expectations.
- Engage and communicate with students to encourage their course
participation and learning while maintaining mutual respect and
- Relate professional/industry experience to CTU's Professional
Learning Model by the continuation of professional/technical skills
development, introduction of professional/industry perspectives
into courses, and active awareness of professional/industry trends
- Maintain accessibility for and provide timely responsiveness to
students, academic/faculty leadership, and University staff by
telephone, CTU e-mail, and other appropriate means of
- Establish and maintain weekly office hours for student
- Assess student performance on course assignments and provide
assignment feedback to support continued student growth and
- Maintain appropriate documentation of student course
- Work with appropriate CTU teams (e.g., advising,
academic/faculty leadership, and University staff) and leverage
appropriate information to identify and support students who may be
exceptional or challenged in their coursework and/or educational
- Refer students to appropriate co-curricular and
extra-curricular resources (e.g., advising, tutoring, library,
learning centers, and career services).
- Participate in and contribute to CTU's academic governance
through attendance at appropriate University/college/program
meetings and participation in the academic assessment and
institutional effectiveness process (including completion of
appropriate surveys and participation in continuous improvement
- Successfully complete required new faculty certification
training, course-specific technology/pedagogical training, annual
ethics and information technology policy training, and annual
faculty development requirements.
- Provide periodic required documentation of ongoing and updated
licensures, certifications, immunizations (as appropriate to the
specific college/program), scholarship, and academic/professional
experience (e.g., CVs/resumes).
- Work closely with Program Chair and/or Lead Faculty (as
- Perform other responsibilities and abide by the appropriate
policies and procedures contained in CTU's Faculty Handbook.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with
proficiency in meeting deadlines and urgency in responding to
- Strong interpersonal and oral presentation/written
- Proficiency in working effectively, cooperatively, and flexibly
in a team environment.
- Proficiency with standard office and mobile applications (i.e.,
word processing, presentations, e-mail, calendaring,
teleconferencing, text messaging, personal computers, and smart
- Minimum and preferred (if different) from an institution
regionally accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education (or international equivalent), additional
requirements driven by state licensing or accreditation
considerations may apply; educational requirements from primary
- Minimum and preferred (if different) academic/teaching
experience requirements from primary MCO.
- Minimum and preferred (if different) professional experience
requirements from primary MCO.
- 18 graduate semester credit hours/27 graduate quarter credit
hours in subject domain(s) from primary MCO.
- Minimum and preferred (if different) licensure/certification
requirements from primary MCO.
CTU generally compensates its Adjunct Faculty on a per quarter
credit hour rate that takes into consideration a variety of
factors, including campus (online and campus), degree level
(undergraduate and graduate), and faculty rank (Instructor,
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor); the base
rate for an Adjunct Faculty can range between $440.64 and $603.64
per credit hour.--#HEJ--
Keywords: Perdoceo Education Corporation, Colorado Springs , Adjunct Instructor - Engineering - CTU Colorado Springs, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!