High School Academic Intervention Teacher (SY2021-2022)
Company: Atlas Preparatory School
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Who We Are
Atlas prepares and empowers all
students for success on their post-graduate paths through
educational excellence, character development, and community
- Atlas students are outpacing national
average growth across all grade levels
- Atlas student proficiency has surpassed
the district and state
- Atlas provides family-centered support
services that consistently lead to over 90% participation in our
parent advisor conferences
- Atlas teachers engage in ongoing
professional development targeted towards instructional best
practices and academic data analysis
Who We Serve
- Tuition free and open enrollment public schools serving
1,100 students in K-2nd and 5th-12th grades
- 92% Socioeconomically Disadvantaged
- 78% Hispanic, 12% African American, 9% White, and 1% Asian
- 56% English Language Learners
What You'll Do
- Lead intervention services for designated small groups in
push-in and pull-out models.
- Manage a caseload of students and all relevant district, state,
and federal paperwork/accounting.
- Embody the characteristics that the school wishes the students
to uphold, especially respect, excellence, authenticity,
curiosity, hard work, and professionalism.
- Lead an after school activity one day per week.
- Lead one day of tutoring after school per week.
- Instruct or coach during REACH Beyond (June enrichment program
- Serve as adviser for a group of students and their families,
including regular communication, problem solving, and
hosting quarterly family conferences.
- Assist in student arrival and departure, transitions between
class periods, and lunch periods.
- Document all syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, and other
- Work closely with the High School Principal and School
Psychologist to develop and implement strategies for all
students to reach success.
- Reinforce school-wide rules and expectations in the
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with
students, families and colleagues.
- Assist in the design and implementation of research-based
- Maintain the school culture of high academic and behavioral
expectations through continuous reflection.
- Use detailed data analysis of student performance to inform
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director,
High School Principal, or Team Leader.
Who You Are
- Experienced classroom teacher with demonstrated, quantifiable
and objective student performance gains that surpass state or
- Current Colorado teaching credential with special education
generalist (5-21) endorsement or ability to attain one
- Professional demeanor.
- Three years of urban teaching preferred.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with
experience. Signing bonuses range from $2,500-$5,000.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits. Plan options
include PPO or High Deductible Plan with a Health Savings Account
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program,
including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Approximately 10 weeks of paid time off for holidays, scheduled
breaks during the year and summer break, in additional to personal
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical or Child Care)
- Regular staff get togethers and celebrations.
- Early student release every Friday with staff professional
- Four designated industrial copy machines per school with
unlimited copying for classroom instruction.
Additional benefits available to all team members include:
- SimplyEngaged Plus - monthly gym membership reimbursement
- Health Discount Program - savings on Lasik, prescriptions,
teeth whitening, etc.
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) - up to 12 weeks of unpaid
- Short Term Disability Benefit (Partial Paid Maternity
- Short Term Disability Benefit (Partial Paid Leave due to
- Long Term Disability Benefit
- Life Insurance Benefit of $25,000
- Additional option to purchase Life Insurance Benefits for
employees and family members
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which provides up to four
free counseling sessions annually
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Atlas Preparatory School, Colorado Springs , High School Academic Intervention Teacher (SY2021-2022), Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!