Unified Communications Engineer
Company: Ent Credit Union
Location: colorado springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:
The Unified Communications Engineer installs, configures,
optimizes, and maintains IP Telephony systems and subsystems to
include call managers, voice gateways, and voice mail ensuring
adherence to established departmental procedures and standards.
This position will also monitor IP Telephony systems and subsystems
including capacity and performance levels to proactively identify
potential issues to ensure uninterrupted service. In addition, this
position creates and maintains documentation and operational
procedures and scripts for all IP Telephony systems and subsystems,
including analysis of existing phone system configurations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop end-to-end Telephony systems and subsystems
to include call managers, voice gateways and voice mail ensuring
adherence to established Ent technology standards.
- Develop, document, communicate, and ensure a communication
technology standards policy.
- Regularly evaluate communication applications, infrastructure,
- Ensure all designs leverage common architectures and services
that can meet key design criteria (Availability, Recoverability,
Scalability, Performance characteristics) and can be properly
supported by operations teams.
- Work closely with the security team and defined processes and
procedure to ensure adherence to highest standards
Support & Metrics:
- Support, maintain and optimize end-to-end Telephony systems and
subsystems to include call managers, voice gateways and voice mail
ensuring adherence to established Ent technology standards.
- Creates and maintains documentation and operational procedures
for all IP Telephony systems and subsystems, including analysis of
existing phone system configurations.
- Creates and maintains scripts adhering to established quality
- Collaborates with information technology teams, operational
users, and vendors for defining, planning, costing, and
implementing IP Telephony services solutions/ projects to meet the
business objectives. Ensures completion within requested
timeframes, provides project status updates, and solicits input
from management as needed for adherence to IT standards.
- Assists with providing management with reporting regarding IP
Telephony systems and subsystems to include security activities,
capacity and performance trends, and overall health of the IP
Subject Matter Expert/ Internal Consultant:
- Increase team effectiveness by providing consulting expertise
and technical mentoring across multiple verticals.
Other duties as required
Minimum formal education required for this
Knowledge consistent with a Bachelors degree in Computer
Science, Information Management or similar area of study.
Each year of relevant work experience may be exchanged for a
year in a relevant degree program or vice versa. For example, a
requirement of Knowledge Consistent with a Bachelors Degree in
Accounting and 2+ years of accounting experience could be
substituted for a High School Diploma and 6 years of relevant
accounting work experience or a Masters Degree in Accounting and 0
years of work experience.
8+ years of combined experience in IT Engineering to include at
least 4+ years experience in a Unified Communication
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
- Advanced experience with design, implementation, and support of
a Cisco IP Telephony environment to include Communications Manager,
Voice Gateways, Unity Voice Mail, Unified Messaging, and Cisco
- Expert knowledge of basic networking concepts such as Quality
of Service (QoS), virtual LANS (VLANs), static routes, IP
- Excellent understanding of wide area network (WAN) connectivity
options such as MPLS, Optical Ethernet, SD-WAN, Virtual Private
Networks (VPNs), etc.
- Strong experience working with or within ITIL, DevOps, SRE, and
- Data driven mindset leveraging metrics to make data-based
- Root-cause problem solving mindset
- Strong written and oral communication, documentation, and
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Ability to coordinate work across multiple vendors.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Preferred) Cisco CCNA, Voice
- (Preferred) Cisco CCNP Voice
Environmental, physical and psychological
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time in a
climate controlled environment. Must be able to use fingers, hands,
wrists for repetitive tasks such as typing, using a mouse, handling
paper, currency, or coin, and operating a telephone. Demands for
visual and auditory acuity are typical of an office environment.
Must be able to interact via email, telephone, or in person with
diplomacy, tact, and courtesy with all members under varying
circumstances. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Salary range for this position: $99,112.00-$148,657.60 (This
position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based upon
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Ent Credit Union, Colorado Springs , Unified Communications Engineer, Other , colorado springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!