Hardware Engineer III
Company: ABACUS SOLUTIONS GROUP, LLC
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Abacus Solutions Group: We're built on our
shared core values! We are difference-makers, passionate about
serving, we work hard with integrity and do the right thing.
Difference makers means that we look at every opportunity as a
chance to make a difference. Passionate about serving means that we
are always looking for ways to serve our customers and coworkers.
Working hard and doing the right thing with integrity means that
for every decision we make we 1st ask Is the decision consistent
with our moral and ethical principles. We hire, review,
reward and recognize our teammates based on these characteristics,
so it is important that you share these values to be part of the
Position Description: Were hiring for a
Hardware Engineer III to work in Colorado Springs, CO in support of
the US Air Force Space Mission. As a key member our team, you
will provide information technology subject matter expertise, and
youll have an immediate impact on the warfighting efforts of our
nation to maintain U.S. space dominance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work may encompass one or several areas of engineering
including network system design, electronic design, mechanical
design, reliability engineering or other related fields.
- Conduct research, design, development, and testing of
information processing hardware such as computer systems, network
systems, microprocessors, microcontrollers, supercomputers,
microcomputers, GPUs, firewalls, routers, video cards, switches,
and circuit designs.
- Analyze computer and network applications and identify
alternative methods to improve/optimize established equipment,
processes and/or procedures. Provide detailed theoretical and
practical applications of potential solutions which may lead to
evolutionary and/or revolutionary computing paradigm shifts.
- Design new or modify existing products, develop technical
specifications for production, analyze hardware configuration and
processing solutions, and test hardware conformance to
- Responsible for establishing, conducting, and documenting
testing processes and procedures; developing or executing project
plans, budgets, and schedules; and documentation of work and
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade
studies, and interface definition studies to translate customer
requirements into hardware and software or engineering
- Solve technical issues associated with operating systems,
databases, Virtual Machines, message routing, and other IT related
- Support other individual and group tasks as assigned.
- Position is only open to US Citizens
- Must have fully active/adjudicated Top Secret SCI
- 5+ years of experience with research, design, integration,
test, and/or evaluation of hardware-in-the-loop, computer systems,
networking components, and/or other related electrical
- Must have a DoD 8570 Level II Certification such as the CompTIA
- Bachelors degree in a related field of study such as Computer
Science; additional years of experience may substitute for the
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, or any
other protected characteristic.
Keywords: ABACUS SOLUTIONS GROUP, LLC, Colorado Springs , Hardware Engineer III, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!